• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gucci Pour Homme substitute

Terminator

Reaction score
I've only just discovered that Gucci Pour Homme (the original one that is) has been discontinued. Can anyone suggest some suitable substitutes, it was by far my favourite. Comme des Garcons 2 Man is pretty close, right?

lbcgav

Reaction score
I've found some at a local Marshalls for $30. The color of the juice is roughly the color of a bourbon. If that's the original, I don't know.

derekzee

Reaction score
hmm... i thought the OP meant the first discontinued one from the 70's or 80's i'm not sure. but perhaps he meant the one made during the tom ford days. that's kinda shocking to hear. i thought it was a hit. are you sure the SA didn't just say that because he didn't have any on stock?

i guess cdg2man is smoky. also try avignon.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cdg2 man is similar to Gucci PH (the Tom Ford one). The CDG has a slightly more "medicinal" hint to it, where the Gucci is darker/woodier... but they are both in the same universe.

There is Gucci PH available in a lot of places very affordably, much less than you'll pay for the CDG. As such, I don't for the time being it's much to worry about. Go to a Marshall's/TJMaxx and stock up, if you are worried the Gucci will sell out.

Terminator

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Yep, I meant the Gucci Pour Homme from the Tom Ford days. A bit harder to stock up for me since I'm in Australia and the 2 big department stores here (Myer and David Jones) are giving me the same line about it being discontinued but I have found some stocks on ebay so I'm going to stock up. I also have a bottle of cdg2man coming although I do like GPH better. Thanks for the other suggestions too!

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Terminator
Thanks everyone. Yep, I meant the Gucci Pour Homme from the Tom Ford days. A bit harder to stock up for me since I'm in Australia and the 2 big department stores here (Myer and David Jones) are giving me the same line about it being discontinued but I have found some stocks on ebay so I'm going to stock up. I also have a bottle of cdg2man coming although I do like GPH better. Thanks for the other suggestions too!
Be careful with ebay. A good deal of the ones you see are fake.

derekzee

Reaction score
i just bought one today and asked the SA. unfortunately he seemed to not know anything but i don't think it will be discontinued. i didn't like this at first whiff. i actually have envy and gph II. someone brought me a card of it back from the department store and it smelled amazing.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Terminator

see if you can get someone here to proxy some from overseas outlets for you...figuring the outlets plus shipping and a proxy fee won't be much higher than DJs was anyhow, and you can probably stock up on it for...well...ever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads