1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

gucci floss

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by heavyd, Mar 22, 2007.

1. heavyd

heavyd Senior member

2. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

I thought after reading the title that this would be a thread about Gucci marketing its own dental floss (for $50 a unit, natch).

3. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

I thought after reading the title that this would be a thread about Gucci marketing its own dental floss (for $50 a unit, natch).

I was thinking man thong...[​IMG]

4. J'aimelescravates

J'aimelescravates Senior member

Thats what I thought too....reminds me of those Gucci ice cube trays.

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

I was thinking man thong...[​IMG]

Not with Tom Ford gone... but there probably was one during his reign.

6. P3R3

P3R3 Senior member

I was thinking some cheap chinese knockoff. Kinda like the Louis Vuitton crap you see.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Not with Tom Ford gone... but there probably was one during his reign.

Yes, there was one that had a GG logo as the fastener on the side.

8. J'aimelescravates

Yes, there was one that had a GG logo as the fastener on the side.

Let me guess...you still have it [​IMG]

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Let me guess...you still have it [​IMG]

I've never owned such a thing. But then, at least I have the figure to wear something like that.[​IMG]

10. J'aimelescravates

I've never owned such a thing. But then, at least I have the figure to wear something like that.[​IMG]

I too have the figure for that. I'm glad we have found something in common. Thanks for laughing at my lighthearted, albeit stupid, joke.

11. j

j Senior member Admin

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...550cat10580743

work with me... khaki flat front summer suit?

how do these shoes work? jeans?

thanks

Not to my taste, but not distasteful either IMO. I think they would work with a summer suit with no tie maybe (not tan, maybe khaki green/grey/etc), probably fine with jeans.

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i wasnt surprised after reading the title,
    ive seen gucci doggie bowl and a gucci dog bone for like a hundred dollars so anything can be possible.

13. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

Saks sells this for $895 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. VMan

VMan Senior member

Saks sells this for $895 [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Those are manatee skin loafers, with a clear metal buckle detail (hard to see in that pic). Really, a bargain at that price.

15. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

Those loafers immediately above are truly awful. Did Bottega Veneta not sell enough bags last year, forcing the Gucci Group to use BV's surplus leather on some ugly shoes? But unexceptional Gucci loafers such as the pair in the OP are now five hundred five dollars? Damn. I thought they were somewhat overpriced when I bought mine for about half that. Sure it was 8-10 years ago, and they were some small percentage (maybe 20% or 30%) off, but that's some inflation.

16. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

The skin appears to be lizard.

17. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

The skin appears to be lizard.

It looks to me like the typical Bottega Veneta patterned calf, but you could be right.

(Actually, I checked on the website, and it's snakeskin. And one can only order three of them every 30 days, because of "high demand!" So you were much righter than I was. I thought snakeskin was what gauche Texas oil barons get their cowboy boots made out of.)

18. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

It looks to me like the typical Bottega Veneta patterned calf, but you could be right.

(Actually, I checked on the website, and it's snakeskin. And one can only order three of them every 30 days, because of "high demand!" So you were much righter than I was. I thought snakeskin was what gauche Texas oil barons get their cowboy boots made out of.)

Hermes actually made a lizard-skin moto jacket once and I wanted it. It was limited release though.

Now, what would that make KitonBrioni?

19. j

j Senior member Admin

The snakeskin alone, in a simple design on an elegant last, could make a really nice shoe.

But with all the detailing, it looks like a Stacy Adams Marshalls special.

20. nioh

nioh Senior member

[​IMG] we have a store online,we sell many style of gucci shoes with high quality but low price,you will feel comfortable after wearing our shoes.Every friend,if you contact me on our website,I will give you some discount!I am sanny![​IMG]
    [​IMG] My eyes!! Scarred for life!!