• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gucci Brand New Medallion Laceups

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Hello.
Offering two Gucci laceup balmorals in Bourbon (according to Gucci).

Left pair is 9.5 D and the right pair is 9 D.

IMGP1834.jpg

IMGP1836.jpg

IMGP1863.jpg

They are from the Fall 2005 lineup and have a medallion and a wholecut style (not really wholecut due to back heel area having separate leather).

Includes original shoebox and Guccissima bag.

Anyone interested just PM me and present best offer. I'll collect the offers and email the best one.

Thanks!

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the measurements. Can you also tell me about the shoes. I like the look but have no idea about quality. What kind if welting? Any handwork? Whats the leather like etc. I've heard them mostly made fun of on the board but i actually like these shoes.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
About 12 1/8 inches length and 4 inches width at widest for the 9.5
slightly smaller for the 9 , didnt measure.

Gucci leather is usually a premium leather , they dont use alot of corrected grain like Prada or Hugo Boss contrary to belief here.
Their soles are usually blake , but they do have channeled soles and nailed in toes and heels. Quality wise, I do believe they are the best in the luxury market, I am not comparing to Hermes, or Brioni, when these luxury shoe items are actually made by bona fide shoe manufacturers.

also contrary to belief, sergio rossi does not make gucci shoes. Gucci themselves make them, dont know what conglomeration of houses that actually comprise the manufacturers, but Sergio Rossi makes his own line.

I am one of the few proponents of Gucci shoes, I have several pairs and wear them with comfort, style, and reliability, havent yet had an ache or any short-lived wear causing damage like I have experienced with Hugo Boss, Ferragamo,and especially Prada.

These shoes are really nice, I have a black pair and I enjoy it, but dont take my word for it, see if FMINUS , Dr. Damage or someone else who has Gucci shoes will say something.

FMINUS

Reaction score
I really like this pair of Guccis. They are extremly soft and needs no break in. IF this style is for you, its def a good buy. The only slight complain with Gucci is that I am not too fond of thier leather, it seems a bit too thin. But overall I am VERY happy with this shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads