• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gucci Boots on ebay, Black, Brown, US 9.5

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
I have two pairs of Gucci boots for sale...One pair black, one pair brown. They're both marked size 9 D, but they fit like a US size 9.5 D (I wear a 9 D). Both are hardly worn.

I listed the black pair this morning on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...cSELL.m315.lVI

Gucciboots-black-full-72.jpg

I just listed the brown pair, but I've set the listing to start tomorrow morning at (9:00am PST). I'll come back tomorrow and insert the URL.
Gucciboots-Brown-full-72.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Dennis

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Osprey Guy
Black pair of boots is SOLD! (for $242.50).

The brown pair is still available. They are virtually identical to the black pair in every way, except for one thing...........they're brown.
wink.gif

Thanks for looking.

Dennis

Great.

I think you did well with your Ebay sale in that Gucci does not get much love here on SF while Gucci is very popular on Ebay.

Yet stuff like that fabulous Bulgari tie that you posted would probably get similar prices here and on Ebay.

In general Ebay will fetch higher prices ( slight to much higher), but it's so much easier and hassle free to sell here.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Thanks for the input...

After weeks of hanging here, I'm still trying to get the overall feel of this place. My general impression is that folks here are much less interested in fashion than they are about high-end functionality. I can't help but wonder if that was the original intent of whoever founded these forums.

For me, style is all about being unique, individual, original,...and having fun with it. And yet it seems like every time I see someone in this forum suggesting or trying something that's different from the accepted "norm" they usually get pounced upon, and generally put to shame...especially if they dare to suggest wearing something that isn't at the top end of the fabrication spectrum.

I know they're generally "poo-poohed" here...but I for one very much enjoy most of the "fashion" designers. And I've been wearing their goods for well over 25 years. That includes fashion houses such as Versace, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Missoni, Etro, Prada, Ferre, etc. etc... and more than a few of the edgier, more "obscure" designers (And in case anyone's interested, I also own more than my fair share of Zegna, Canali, Sulka, Borelli, etc). I think that by anyone's standards...I have a massive wardrobe.

I believe that for the most part, the primary mission of the aforementioned "fashion" designers (aside from making money), is for their customers to have fun with their clothes. And I couldn't agree more. I don't give a rats ass who makes it...as long as it fits in with what I consider to be my own personal "look" (aka style)...and that it is fun to wear.

Are those Gucci boots as well-made as the much vaunted RM Williams (for example), that are so widely revered here? Maybe not. But the Gucci's are certainly decently made Italian boots (I find them comfortable enough)...and in my not-so-humble opinion, they are a damn sight better-looking than the Williams (which I think are horrendously old-fashioned looking).

When it comes to "style"... If forced to make a choice, I'll generally take form over function any day. But then that's just me....
wink.gif

Dennis

BTW- I must confess that I am more than a little surprised that there have been no nibbles yet on the Bulgari tie.... At $59 bucks, I can't imagine that I priced it too high. Kinda strange.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads