• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gucci belts

European Interloper

Reaction score
What does everyone think about those (ahem) beautiful customized Gucci belts. I know they're supposed to be ironic, but come on, this is Gucci... Since when have they been ironic? They're a super brand, not Dalal or NY Industrie... I just don't know what Tom was thinking. Maybe he was working too hard on that delicious new YSL rive gauche line... Have you seen the jeans, coats, and knit-sweaters in that?. Tasty...
--European Interloper

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

European Interloper

Reaction score
I didn't like most of the s/s gucci collection, but some of it, such as the shirts and the clean denim and some (but only some) of the sweaters were great. I'm not sure what Tom is doing but I trust him... He is one of the kings of the fashion world, after all. Last year, there were a pair of limited distressed jeans with a illustrated gucci 'g' on the back of them. I love those jeans, possibly my favorite pair ever. Needless to say, I bought two. The rest of the jeans were lacklustre, certainly. Maybe he was trying to be ironic, but I doubt it... If they're being ironic, it's very obvious. What kind of style do you like? The Galliano men boutique that's about to be launched in Paris really interests me... Is that up your avenue or are you a bit less (excuse the wording) 'gay' than that? The one big hot buy for me this year is the I-D customized Lacoste shirt... It has a winking lady spray-painted on the back of it, and is being auctioned in London on monday. I can't wait... I love owning limited things, they make me smile, and make heads turn..
--European Interloper

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

BuddahLax

Reaction score
Trying to delete my post sorry for useless space.

Valmont

Reaction score
La Guy,

I take offense to that. Sure wearing all black constantly can be quite boring but a sign of mediocre taste, I think not. A 3/4 black leather jacket(assuming its a nice one) can be very stylish and is an absolute must have. Maybe you just have been seeing too many ginos around with their poorly coordinated and way too tight clothes and greasy hair.

European Interloper

Reaction score
I frequent NYC, and don't mind that all-black routine... I do, however, hate the shiny shirts. I think that it's ok for clubbing if you're too boring to think of anything else to wear, but outside of that they're trulyu detestable.
LA Guy: I think that sales-shopping is a beautiful practice. As you say, most people have a very limited taste and therefore the more out-there clothes, which are often the best of the season, don't get sold, leaving them there for your picking (at a lower price, natch.). I don't shop thrift stores, but I do often have some of my tailors look at those kind of clothes so as to imitate them in perhaps a more comfortable and long-lasting way...
--European Interloper

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.