1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Guangzhou, China

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Annadale, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Annadale

Annadale Senior member

First post here, so be gentle! Does anyone know of a good tailor in Guangzhou? I am new to the city, and will be here for approximately one year. I want to get a few suits made up. A couple of lightweight for 'knockaround' and a couple of higher quality. Also while I am at it, new shoes would also be on the list. I am a British 12 1/2, so apart from ordering online and risking customs ,handmade in situ is the way to go for me while I am living here. All the retail outlets I have visited in the city only go up to a european 44/ British 10, the feet of dancers! I suppose I may as well add a few shirts to the list as well! I am well aware of the tailors available in Hong Kong, but wanted to know specifically about Guangzhou, and its immediate environs.

Cheers.

2. Maccimus

Maccimus Senior member

Hongkong is not too far away.

3. blackwar12

blackwar12 Well-Known Member

From what I recall it takes only roughly two hours traveling from HK to Guangzhou using the train.

4. Annadale

Annadale Senior member

Hongkong is not too far away.
    I know it is not, but I was specifically asking about Guangzhou, if anyone had experience of using the tailors in this city?

5. Maccimus

Maccimus Senior member

I really doubt any Guangzhou tailor would impress you.