• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GTFO j crew...

Anamoly

Reaction score
Stopped in jcrew on 5th avenue yesterday and saw not only Alden boots and spring court shoes but a barracuda harrington type jacket. wtf?

Now i hear they’ll be teaming up with fjallraven.

These are quality brands i have done the leg work to find. There is certain sense of ownership in the fact that not everyone knows these brands. Now any schmuck off the street just walks into a jcrew has these great brands at his disposal.

stop jcrew. Go back to selling your overpriced button downs and such. I know, its also the brands selling to jcrew.

Looks like we have an integrity vs selling out issue here...

trafficjam

Reaction score
Yeah! And what's with that band that nobody knew about that played in a commercial and now everybody likes them?

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least they will be buying good clothes and not J-Crew
Originally Posted by Anamoly
come again bows?
eh.gif

fixed

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped in jcrew on 5th avenue yesterday and saw not only Alden boots and spring court shoes but a barracuda harrington type jacket. wtf?

Now i hear they’ll be teaming up with fjallraven.

These are quality brands i have done the leg work to find. There is certain sense of ownership in the fact that not everyone knows these brands. Now any schmuck off the street just walks into a jcrew has these great brands at his disposal.

stop jcrew. Go back to selling your overpriced button downs and such. I know, its also the brands selling to jcrew.

The only reason anyone would do a collab with Fjallraven is because they are mindlessly following trends. Teger summed up Fjallraven's hype well awhile ago:

Originally Posted by Teger
I think fjallraven trolled so many boutiques so hard. so ugly yet everyone bought so deep lol

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but but but

jcrew is manly

you can buy baggy chinos and poorly cut flannels! what says man more than that!

Ideefixee

Reaction score
I think J.Crew is trying to be fashionable. Shh, don't tell anyone.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
Old J. Crew:

jcrew.jpg

J. Crew today:

WillLewis_JCrew2.png

I dunno. Kinda like the old J.Crew better.
boxing[1].gif

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now i hear they'll be teaming up with fjallraven.

You sound like a twat. Stop acting like your the only guy to 'discover' these brands, these companies have been in business for a long time precisely because people know who they are and buy their products.

Did I mention you were a twat?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
WillLewis_JCrew2.png

Du's beard is so out of place for his face and hair.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Believe me, if anyone knows about being a twat it's johnH, defender of the pedestrian.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Believe me, if anyone knows about being a twat it's johnH, defender of the pedestrian.
next time i'm a pedestrian and a car is gonna hit me i hope johnH steps in front to defend me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads