Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

GTF in HERE if you're sick of the "LeBron Sweepstakes"

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Davidko19, Jul 1, 2010.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

what i cant wait for is when lebon does sign up with some team with another max player, for me to see him lose in the playoffs again. that would be sweet.

2. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

what i cant wait for is when lebon does sign up with some team with another max player, for me to see him lose in the playoffs again. that would be sweet.

+1. this is indeed a very likely scenario if he doesn't go to chi

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

that's why he has to come to Miami to play with a star who's a proven winner [​IMG] if all else fails, he and Wade can foul out the whole other team [​IMG]

4. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

if all else fails, he and Wade can foul out the whole other team [​IMG]

+ 1000

5. suited

suited Senior member

I hope he does leave. Cleveland is such an unbelievable dump, what did they expect.

6. bkk

bkk Senior member

I'm mostly intrigued that people care about the NBA anymore.

7. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

I'm mostly intrigued that people care about the NBA anymore.

[​IMG]

maybe you're just confused because you live in an obscure city without an nba team

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I don't know. I was sick of it last year, and the year before but you're crazy (as an nba fan) if you don't find this whole free agency extremely interesting and exciting. Lots of good players on the market and the nba landscape could be extremely different at the start of the season not to mention by the all star break with some good trading pieces available (if the knicks were to sign 1-3 good free agents, they'd still be able to trade curry's massive expiring contract at the deadline). The 2011 playoffs are completely unpredictable at the moment. Not to mention guys like vince, arenas, carmelo and others are being talked about in trade rumors.

lebron
    wade
    bosh
    amare
    joe johnson
    boozer
    ray allen
    paul pierce
    rudy gay
    dirk

are the big names then you have lots of solid impact players who could be role players on title teams

david lee
    tmac
    duhon
    salmons
    shaq (lol)
    mike miller
    haywood
    rich jefferson
    frye
    matt barnes
    jermaine oneal
    haslem
    ron brewer
    scola
    josh childress

And most all of the action is on hold until lebron signs somewhere starting a massive domino effect around the nba in terms of teams scrambling to sign guys and trade for guys and get their chips in line for the midseason trades. This offseason was like 3 seasons in the making. Never seen anything like it before in sports free agency

9. chronoaug

one thing that is getting annoying is every news story and rumor linking to a twitter acct. So many bad rumors flying around now. More than before

10. bunnyoswaldo

bunnyoswaldo Senior member

Sorry Cleveland, I do not mean to hate on you: but I travel there on business, have always been a fan of the underdog, I loved Bernie's Browns, was heart broken after 'the drive'---but Cleveland is horrible. Even most of the strip clubs are closed and those that are there are horrid. I can not imagine living and working in Cleveland. Chicago, New York, Brooklyn, Miami.....i'd already be packed if I was LeBron...

11. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I hate Lebron but I think it's all pretty interesting. It's better than getting reports whenever Brett Favre has a passing workout.

12. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

i think he's coming to Miami. what do y'alls think? [​IMG]

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT

You've got nothing. I'm in Akron.

This is bad no matter what.

13. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

Sorry Cleveland, I do not mean to hate on you: but I travel there on business, have always been a fan of the underdog, I loved Bernie's Browns, was heart broken after 'the drive'---but Cleveland is horrible. Even most of the strip clubs are closed and those that are there are horrid. I can not imagine living and working in Cleveland. Chicago, New York, Brooklyn, Miami.....i'd already be packed if I was LeBron...

I agree with this based on the single time I've ever visited Cleveland, but doesn't this make him much more villainous for leaving? Think about how much money he brings the city through taxes, jobs, etc. that will evaporate upon his departure.

14. chronoaug

I don't know if it's villainous. They were lucky for the brief spike and owed it purely to the luck of the nba lottery. Honestly, lebron doesn't care that much. Him going to the cavs was just the luck of the ping pong ball that it worked out for his hometown team (and some tanking during the regular season to increase the odds)

15. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Right now, LeBron ranks up there with Brad Dougherty IMHO.

What?
    LeBron into NASCAR?