1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grrr...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shoreman1782, Jan 20, 2005.

1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Distinguished Member

A lot of people post their great ebay wins here. I just had a sad loss. Commiseration in the form of your own missed opportunities are welcome [​IMG] Enrico Isaia suit

2. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

ouch. looks like a very nice suit...don't see E. Isaia's too often on ebay. how much were you willing to pay? my advice: bid late, bid once, bid your absolute highest. no regrets that way. (so long as your remember to bid at all [​IMG]...forgetting the time of the end of an auction is the source of my regrets.)

3. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

Just for the sake of my own understanding, when members refer to Isaia around here, they're referring to Gianluca Isaia, right? There's no relation to Enrico Isaia, is there? How the EI quality?

My condolences on the loss (especially if the suit is at or near Gianluca Isaia quality).

dan

4. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I recall someone (A. Harris maybe?) saying that Enrico Isaia is Isaia's highest line -- in other words, same maker as Gianluca Isaia but even more handwork.

5. AJL

AJL Distinguished Member

ot- Nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice suit. This is how many times the seller has used the word "nice" to describe this item, occurring four times within two concurrent sentences.  

Alternative suggestions: exquisite, fine, gorgeous, handsome, magnificent, marvelous, refined, splendid, stunning, sublime, wonderful. I mean let's pick up the ad copy a bit out there, sheesh.

btw, nice suit.

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Distinguished Member

I am an idiot. It was a 1-day auction; if it didn't fit, I could've taken better pictures, grabbed the thesaurus and flipped it as a 7-day, at least let people look at it. I dunno what the guy who won was willing to pay (I didn't plan on going above $150; it was at $42.00 20 mins before close)... I did look up Enrico Isaia, prevailing opinion seems to be that it's pretty great stuff - course, I've never tried any on, might not have been my style (I say now). I'm v. disappointed, because I'm v. poor right now, and that woulda been nice. Guess it would've been financially counterproductive... Dilbert

7. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

As consolation, I recently missed out on bidding on a Gucci dress shirt (meant to be worn untucked) that ended up going for $11. It was my size exactly. Light gray with white pinstripes. Still kicking myself for that one...

Also kicking myself for not buying the 12-15 Robert Talbott Best of Class ties at a thrift store for $1 each. They were MINT and in pleasing patterns.

8. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

Enrico Isaia (the father or grandfather, I believe) is the highest line. Akin to Attolini, Kiton, etc., in terms of construction.

koji

9. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Agreed, though the key word is was (the highest line,) at least on the US market. I don't think Enrico Isaia is sold here anymore. Last I saw it at retail was in Nordstrom in late 2001/early 2002.

Great suit and it went WAY too cheap. Maybe because the seller need to get a new mannequin, it makes all his coats look like they are straight out of the 80's.