1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Growing pains, again

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Nov 19, 2004.

1. j

j Senior member Admin

I had to upgrade the account type for the board because I was going to be over my bandwidth allowance for the month. The new account type has a higher allowance but required a move to another server. Unfortunately the first time they tried to move it not everything (say, for example, the whole forum) got moved to the new server, and then there were problems with permissions.

Anyway, after some hair-tearing and cursing this morning, and conversations with the tech guys there, it looks like it's back up and working. Please let me know if anything is still acting funny and I'll try to fix it when I have a chance.

Thanks for your patience.

2. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Exceeded bandwith...Andy move over.. [​IMG] Anyway, I dont know about anyone else but what I understood from J's post is that its time to pass the hat around cause its gonna cost SOMEONE and it sholdnt be J. Everybody? JJF

3. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

when the forum was down this morning, i actually got some work done...don't let that happen again.

j/k J, keep up the good work.

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

j,

are you passing the hat around? I wasn't here last time you did (if ever) so let me know what the procedure is, and I'm in.

5. j

j Senior member Admin

Thanks everyone. I always accept donations via PayPal at j@styleforum.net, or PM me for other arrangements. edit:BTW, my email has been broken all day, so anything important should be resent later or PMed to me.

6. FIHTies

Paypal. From what I remember it was J@styleforum.net Hey...Become a contributing member today. JJF

7. FIHTies

And dont foget my cut J. [​IMG] JJF

8. j

j Senior member Admin

Yeah, you'll get your 'cut' all right... [​IMG] FYI, my email seems to be working again.

9. aarghh

aarghh Senior member

Is there a minimum or suggested sum for contributions?

10. VMan

VMan Senior member

50 cents per each post you have made. [​IMG] Kidding.

11. aarghh

aarghh Senior member

(aarghh @ 19 Nov. 2004, 3:15) Is there a minimum or suggested sum for contributions?
    50 cents per each post you have made. [​IMG] Kidding.
    Ah, then I shall have to keep my mouth shut. [​IMG]

12. j

j Senior member Admin

Well, I'd like it if people looked at it this way: What is the forum worth to you? If it's worth nothing, give nothing. If it is worth the price of one issue or subscription to GQ, or whatever magazine or book that you didn't have to buy because of the info found here, give that much. If it has saved you a lot of money on clothes by finding great deals and learning how to make money go further, give a little of it back. If you actually make money because of the forum, on an auction listed here or new customers you would never have had if they hadn't found you here, kick some of that profit down. Whatever you think is fair. You can expense it, you know. [​IMG] This was basically the policy I've been trying to codify for a while, and I will do it more formally at some point, but I think people get the idea. BTW, if the forum has caused you to spend way more money on clothes than you ever would have, sorry, but I don't have an accounts payable department. [​IMG]

13. j

j Senior member Admin

Thanks very much to those who have contributed today. The generosity of members here is really nice to see. I appreciate it. FIH: check your Paypal account. Your $0.12 is waiting. [​IMG]

14. Mike

Mike Senior member

I plan on contributing as soon as my PayPal account goes through.

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I'll bring you a pizza or something sometime.