Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Growing old with Style Forum

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Get Smart, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I've often thought that when members die, it's quite likely that we'll never know. I've wondered about Jon.

2. robin

robin Senior member

I've often thought that when members die, it's quite likely that we'll never know. I've wondered about Jon.
    Don't worry, Jon's not dead. Or maybe he his and someone is logging into his account just to mess with all of you.

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Don't worry, Jon's not dead. Or maybe he his and someone is logging into his account just to mess with all of you.
    Well, I've not so much worried that he's dead as it made me realize that there are drawbacks to having IRL connections to members that are rare and often tenuous.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I like your morbidity.

5. Matt

Matt [email protected]

actually when Tom came out to Vietnam and did a motorbike trip with me a couple years back, he had an accident...I remember riding back toward the scene thinking 'oh fuck....I'm going to have to write an obit for him on SF'

6. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I'm going to outlast all of you.

7. vaclava krishna

vaclava krishna Senior member

If you are banned you, never go old. At Andy's I feel, as January's, tweed .

8. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I like your morbidity.
    I'm not surprised. Sometimes, on a truly beautiful day, I'll think, "my, it's a fine day to die." And why not, death is a part of life but through some incredible stupidity we take it, like all the important things, and wrap it in euphemism and taboo and more stupidity. I'm tired of all that.

9. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Good grief! Who would possibly stay on here for five years?

10. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

I've often thought that when members die, it's quite likely that we'll never know.

I think it's imperative that we'd leave instruction in our will, so the will executors can inform SF of our passings and the impending estate sales of Vass, EG, JL, Kiton, & Oxxford....

11. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I think it's imperative that we'd leave instruction in our will, so the will executors can inform SF of our passings and the impending estate sales of Vass, EG, JL, Kiton, & Oxxford....

Or we can Google map the nearest thrift stores.

12. CTGuy

CTGuy Made Guy

I predict that Connie will become moderator of the newly coined "Obits" sub-fora only to use the power as a perverse dating service whereby he will make contact with your widows, ask them for airfare to your funeral, and then seduce your grieving widows by getting them unbelievably sloshed and then absconding with your pink cashmere ties.

13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Some of us started old. Maybe someday I'll have to go by LawyerGramps.

14. Lel

Lel Senior member

Exactly.

I predict the massive onslaught of closet sales as per will and carried out by family. So members will line up and eagerly wait for other members of the same size to pass away and perhaps some members will not be so patient for natural causes...

15. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I predict that Connie will become moderator of the newly coined "Obits" sub-fora only to use the power as a perverse dating service whereby he will make contact with your widows, ask them for airfare to your funeral, and then seduce your grieving widows by getting them unbelievably sloshed and then absconding with your pink cashmere ties.

Yes, but he'd never actually use the airfare once he got it.