• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Growing hair out-- but...

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello--

I'm currently growing my hair out. Ideally I'd like something like this eventually-- around 4-6 months away

340x.jpg

With that being said, I'd like to experiment when with a 1940's high tapered haircut-- Jokingly refeared to has a German WW2 haircut. (see pics below)

1223876318066oa8.jpg

If I do something like this, how will affect the growing out process, given that there will be two contrasting lengths? Of the array of pictures above-- I like first pictures in the 1st and 2nd row. I also like the first pic in the third row. Any suggestions? Or will getting such a haircut set me back?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget it, choose one or the other. You can't get to the top pic if you're going get the Arcade Fire cut in the pics below.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Forget it, choose one or the other. You can't get to the top pic if you're going get the Arcade Fire cut in the pics below.

+1

I'm growing mine out too..almost to the bottom of my ears now..wouldn't think of cutting it yet.

OakCreekHitter

Reaction score
liked the bug avatar!
I actually thought there was a bug on my monitor
bounce2.gif

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
everyone on sf is rocking the hitler youth

including me.

cez

Reaction score
go with the shorter cut first and then work your way into the longer cut. i have pretty thick hair and cut it very rarely so my hitler youth cut turned into a Johnny Depp pretty fast. i've only cleaned up the sideburns and sides everything else is pretty long and for most part unruly.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have a feeling I'll need a trim every month or so if I wanna keep it kosher.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my hair layred and thin it out. The Hitler Youth Cut, will definitely be my next haircut, after I'm done experimenting.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ok you guys, enjoy it while you got it.
and dont laugh at us old guys, cause your time is coming.
and its sooner than you think.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only abnormally good looking people pull off the hitler youth cut.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Only abnormally good looking people pull off the hitler youth cut.

Good looking people can pull off nearly anything, it's nice.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't be asking us"”you should ask a professional hair stylist. My hair is about the same as the guy's in the first pic...really more like Keith Urban's. My guess: If you do the WW2 cut, it likely will be too short on the sides to keep up with the back and bangs when you grow it out.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
>Implying there is any other hair cut than a Hitler Youth

[/ /fa/]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads