• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Group think me please.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
84
Since the current 25% off is working on Alden Indy boots at J.Crew, I'm thinking of kopping. Talk me out of it....suggestions?
 

grouper

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2010
Messages
296
Reaction score
2
no go buy Osiris shoes or better yet go to pacsun and buy a whole new wardrobe
 

Lane

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2010
Messages
5,253
Reaction score
784
then use whatevers left at express, yo
 

tooshay

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2009
Messages
334
Reaction score
0
"Excellent thread, would read it again", as someone once said.
 

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2010
Messages
2,147
Reaction score
175
Originally Posted by shibbel
Since the current 25% off is working on Alden Indy boots at J.Crew, I'm thinking of kopping. Talk me out of it....suggestions?
No... stop being a cheap sterotypical American and just kop.
 

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
22,224
Reaction score
25
Originally Posted by shibbel
Since the current 25% off is working on Alden Indy boots at J.Crew, I'm thinking of kopping. Talk me out of it....suggestions?

do it when you can. you'll regret not purchasing something youre keenly interested in. then in a few months youll find them lying in your closet after a couple of wears, truly an albatross around your neck, cant resell them for new but at least you have the experience.
 

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
84
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
do it when you can. you'll regret not purchasing something youre keenly interested in. then in a few months youll find them lying in your closet after a couple of wears, truly an albatross around your neck, cant resell them for new but at least you have the experience.

Yeah man, you have a point. But there's also these Red Wing boots I can't get my mind off of. I just wish someone could talk me into one or the other.
 

Abliss

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
177
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by shibbel
Since the current 25% off is working on Alden Indy boots at J.Crew, I'm thinking of kopping. Talk me out of it....suggestions?

It is quite easy...

1. Do you got winter boots already?
2. Do you REALLY need them? Or is more because you think they are nice and now suddenly you can save 25%
3. Does your style work with boots like this?
4. Do you got a very limited or wide budget?
 

hobojones

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
461
Reaction score
70
Originally Posted by Abliss
It is quite easy...

1. Do you got winter boots already?
2. Do you REALLY need them? Or is more because you think they are nice and now suddenly you can save 25%
3. Does your style work with boots like this?
4. Do you got a very limited or wide budget?


/thread.
 

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
22,224
Reaction score
25
Originally Posted by shibbel
Yeah man, you have a point. But there's also these Red Wing boots I can't get my mind off of. I just wish someone could talk me into one or the other.

buy them from jcrew. put them in your closet for 2 weeks (or however long the return period is trust me this is ok to do).
take em out, dont wear them, just perhaps try them on and handle them with your hands. look at them. put them away again.
after the return period comes up and you still like them..keep them. you change your mind, return them. or sell them on the forum. that is what i do.
 

Listi

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2008
Messages
2,914
Reaction score
58
Originally Posted by whodini
You're a rankings slave.

My dead husband's name was Indiana Alden.
 

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
84
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
buy them from jcrew. put them in your closet for 2 weeks (or however long the return period is trust me this is ok to do).
take em out, dont wear them, just perhaps try them on and handle them with your hands. look at them. put them away again.
after the return period comes up and you still like them..keep them. you change your mind, return them. or sell them on the forum. that is what i do.


Great advise, so tell me- I have a new pea coat I just picked up (high quality Express version), would Red Wings or the Indy's look better with this type of coat? I'm trying to balance the awesomeness of the Pea Coat, but I don't want to take away from the statement I'd be making with the boots.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 16 3.2%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 88 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 161 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 81 16.0%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 48 9.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 31 6.1%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 18 3.6%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 11 2.2%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 2.6%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 31 6.1%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,624
Messages
9,202,176
Members
193,229
Latest member
majnuthakor489

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top