• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Groomsmen gifts

DPDNYC

Reaction score
I'm getting married in May and have been thinking about gifts for my groomsmen. Any suggestions beyond the standard Tiffany cufflinks that I've received at every wedding in which I've participated? Don't get me wrong; I love cufflinks. But i'm leaning more toward something cool and useless that one would never buy for themselves. And I don't want to spend more than about $150.

Though not too original, I've always found flasks to be cool (but not useless in the case of my receipients). Someone else posted about buying a pocketwatch, which also strikes me as kind of an interesting gift.

Thanks for the help.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comedy condoms option.

Are you talking $150 in total or $150 per person?

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
go to tiffany's and get the sterling silver 'return to tiffany' key rings

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Flasks isn't a shabby idea. A crystal decanter? Maybe something oriented to the wedding itself (like nice cashmere scarves if its a winter wedding or Charvet bowties if its a tuxedo-clad affair). Perhaps Laguiole knives -- you could get a nice bone handled one in the range for $150 that would be lovely and still pretty masculine. (www.laguiole.com) Your favorite book in first edition (assuming it's not something like "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus")? A recent gift for wedding guests--no wedding parties--I attended was an antique slide viewer and a collection of slides that were picked out for each guest (e.g., family picks for family, vacation slides when friends vacationed together, etc.) Very time consuming but very personal and quirky.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about silver calling card cases, the very slim ones, engraved with the initials of the person?

That is what I gave mine on my wedding.

wetnose

Reaction score
Screw cufflinks. A cool gift for any guy is the iconic Cuban cigar. Basically something they mostly wouldn't buy for themselves.

Buy a box of 25 Montecristo #2s (the Classic cuban) from this guy (I've ordered before) and slide a few into this

You guys can take a cool group shot lighting up.

Montecristos #2 will give you a nice buzz too...and will actually change flavor as it burns. Tasty cigar, terrifically smooth, an ideal intro to cigars.

I bet it'd work out cheaper than $150 a person too...and a lot more memorable.

evpj2L

Reaction score
For my upcoming wedding, I purchased SureFire 6P LED flashlights from Cranes. Took them to a local trophy shop to get them laser engraved with the date of the wedding. I think they turned out pretty slick. Masculine, practical, and a nice alternative to flasks (which I've already gotten from 2 friends).

http://www.cranes-country-store.com/...6&cat=0&page=1

sharks9022

Reaction score
So too bad this wedding happened 5 years ago.

Smartalox

Reaction score
Got MTM shirts for my best men in April of this year. French cuffs, and monogrammed (very subtly, light grey on white).

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strippers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads