1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Groomsmen gifts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DPDNYC, Dec 12, 2003.

1. DPDNYC

DPDNYC Active Member

I'm getting married in May and have been thinking about gifts for my groomsmen. Any suggestions beyond the standard Tiffany cufflinks that I've received at every wedding in which I've participated? Don't get me wrong; I love cufflinks. But i'm leaning more toward something cool and useless that one would never buy for themselves. And I don't want to spend more than about $150.

Though not too original, I've always found flasks to be cool (but not useless in the case of my receipients). Someone else posted about buying a pocketwatch, which also strikes me as kind of an interesting gift.

Thanks for the help.

2. Alias

Alias Senior member

Comedy condoms option.

Are you talking $150 in total or $150 per person?

3. hermes

hermes Senior member

go to tiffany's and get the sterling silver 'return to tiffany' key rings

4. mr. magoo

mr. magoo Senior member

Flasks isn't a shabby idea. A crystal decanter? Maybe something oriented to the wedding itself (like nice cashmere scarves if its a winter wedding or Charvet bowties if its a tuxedo-clad affair). Perhaps Laguiole knives -- you could get a nice bone handled one in the range for $150 that would be lovely and still pretty masculine. (www.laguiole.com) Your favorite book in first edition (assuming it's not something like "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus")? A recent gift for wedding guests--no wedding parties--I attended was an antique slide viewer and a collection of slides that were picked out for each guest (e.g., family picks for family, vacation slides when friends vacationed together, etc.) Very time consuming but very personal and quirky.

5. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

How about silver calling card cases, the very slim ones, engraved with the initials of the person?

That is what I gave mine on my wedding.

6. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

7. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

Screw cufflinks. A cool gift for any guy is the iconic Cuban cigar. Basically something they mostly wouldn't buy for themselves.

Buy a box of 25 Montecristo #2s (the Classic cuban) from this guy (I've ordered before) and slide a few into this

You guys can take a cool group shot lighting up.

Montecristos #2 will give you a nice buzz too...and will actually change flavor as it burns. Tasty cigar, terrifically smooth, an ideal intro to cigars.

I bet it'd work out cheaper than $150 a person too...and a lot more memorable.

8. evpj2L

evpj2L Well-Known Member

For my upcoming wedding, I purchased SureFire 6P LED flashlights from Cranes. Took them to a local trophy shop to get them laser engraved with the date of the wedding. I think they turned out pretty slick. Masculine, practical, and a nice alternative to flasks (which I've already gotten from 2 friends).

http://www.cranes-country-store.com/...6&cat=0&page=1

9. sharks9022

sharks9022 Senior member

So too bad this wedding happened 5 years ago.

10. Smartalox

Smartalox Senior member

Got MTM shirts for my best men in April of this year. French cuffs, and monogrammed (very subtly, light grey on white).

11. happy hooligan

happy hooligan Senior member

I bought nice pocket knives for mine... One guy flaked out on me so I got keep his... it's been in my pocket for 13 years now...

12. Metlin

Metlin Senior member