Grooming Lounge DC

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by alaaro, Nov 20, 2004.

1. alaaro

alaaro Senior member

My girlfriend got me a gift certificate for a shave there, and I am headed there soon. Anyone been? Anyone had the famous shave? What's it like?

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

I've been there 3 or 4 times over the last 2 years -- for haircuts. But one of those times I also used a foot massage/pedicure gift certificate my wife got me. Excellent.

I like the Grooming Lounge. They really try to make the place seem private and sort of clubby. They have all kinds of free drinks/juices, etc. available too. A couple times when I've gotten after-work haircuts, I sip a Heinekan while getting my hair cut. If it were closer to my office, I'd go there more often.

3. Boulevardier

Boulevardier Active Member

I get my hair cut there by a guy called Doc. He does a superb job.They offer all sorts of other services including the famous shave which I haven't tried but hear raves about.

4. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior member

Been there myself, but no longer. $50 a haircut (not counting tip) is too much for my current budget.

I haven't had the shave but seen it done and heard it explained. It's with a Mach 3 razor and not ye old schoole straight razor.

They've got ESPN on the TV and they serve alcohol. Kind of way for guys to pamper themselves I suppose.

5. alaaro

alaaro Senior member

I got the famous shave. It's all it's cracked up to be. Well worth the splurge every now and then. Good advice on how to best shave your face, it feels great when you are done, and the girls doing it are hot-hot-hot. It's worth a try.

Watch out on the stuff they want you to buy after though. It can get pricey.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I have been going to the Grooming Lounge since it opened.  I get a haircut every four weeks and a facial every six to eight weeks.  I think I account for approximately 5% of their gross income.  
    Hmm . . . I thought that the haircutters performed the shaves, and I can only think of one female haircutter.  But she definitely is a cutie, as are the vast majority of the female employees.

7. auto90403

auto90403 Senior member

Santa Monica, California/McLean, Virginia
    i wouldn't pay for a shave -- at best, being shaved is marginally better than what i could do myself with a new blade.

but a good men's barber is worth anything he decides to charge.

8. alaaro

alaaro Senior member

I agree, I wouldnt pay for it every time i needed a shave, but its worth it every now and then. Just like I don't pay someone everytime I need my nails trimmed, but I'll spend on a mani/pedi from time to time.

9. Eric

Eric Senior member

What are the cross streets for this place? My hairstyle doesn't require a good barber, but I might spoil myself for the shit of it one of these days.

Eric

10. alaaro

alaaro Senior member

11. drljva

drljva Senior member

The stuff they sell, though, is great. And, indeed, yes, it's pricey. Quite a selection of some of the best men's products out there. [​IMG]

12. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

they do massages there?

13. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Yes.  Rub, but no tug.

14. kabert

kabert Senior member

(alaaro @ Nov. 23 2004,13:04) I got the famous shave. It's all it's cracked up to be. Well worth the splurge every now and then. Good advice on how to best shave your face, it feels great when you are done, and the girls doing it are hot-hot-hot. It's worth a try. Watch out on the stuff they want you to buy after though. It can get pricey.
    The stuff they sell, though, is great. And, indeed, yes, it's pricey. Quite a selection of some of the best men's products out there. Â [​IMG]
    I've bought up 3 or 4 of their shaving creams and gels over the last couple years and always go back to the Aveeno that I buy at CVS. I agree about the babes though -- some nice ones. It's nice and novel getting a haircut by one while sipping a cold Heineken.

15. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

How much do they charge for facials there? Just last week I was thinking about getting one, as its been a year since my last.