1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Grey flannel with white windowpane

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chorse123, Dec 29, 2004.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

In my rounds of shopping today, I saw a three piece suit made of grey flannel with a white windowpane. The jacket, a customer's own, was draped over a chair whilst he tried on a suit in the other room.

The material was beautiful, and to my eye unusual. Have you seen this suiting material before? I figure it wouldn't be too difficult to source for a MTM suit, but wondered if anyone else has seen the look.

2. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've seen it.  Not so much a dead white overplaid, more of a cream or eggshell.  Common enough in the better flannel books.

3. kabert

kabert Senior member

I've seen suits and blazers made in the fabric you describe. It's a great look; best, I think when the white windowpane is very subtle. I think I saw a nice Isaia 150s suit for sale on EBay by "our own" Virtual Clothes Horse that is of such a fabric. Price was around $1000 IIRC.

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I've seen it, I think that it is fantastic, but I can't pull it off myself.

5. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

Ralph Lauren did or still does make a suit in that exact fabric. I know a co-worker who has that suit.

6. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

7. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I'm glad it's common enough. Thanks, guys. You're spot on, Manton, as it was a cream windowpane. Why do you think you couldn't pull it off, Globetrotter? It is definitely a more casual looking suit material, but it's hardly flashy.

As for the Ralph Lauren suit, I like that as well. I saw an identical (or nearly) glen plaid in a Dormeuil book earlier this year.

8. chocoball

chocoball Senior member

I have a cashmere-wool blend flannel in light charcoal with whitish windowpanes. Have had it for about 6 years, now pretty much not fitting anymore even though the jacket and pants have been taken out twice.....sigh. [​IMG] Gotta learn when to put down the knife and fork. [​IMG]

9. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

two words - short, chunky. a windowpane is not for the likes of me.