• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grey flannel suit

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Nice looking suit. Can hardly see your shirt cuffs though. Is that personal preference or are the shirt sleeves too short? Edit: Now I finally understand this whole high split-back business.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The waist surpression is excellent. I love it how it contours just so.

How heavy is that flannel?

Tom

Reaction score
That's a terrific suit. Great choice.

-Tom

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice looking suit. Â Can hardly see your shirt cuffs though. Â Is that personal preference or are the shirt sleeves too short? Edit: Â Now I finally understand this whole high split-back business. Â
Actually, you can't see the cuffs because I barely put the suit jacket on, and hadn't really "adjusted" anything when the picture was taken. We were late for church this morning, so I didn't really have time to take a decent picture. During normal wear, there's 1/2 to 1 inch of cuff showing. The sleeves are just a bit hiked up in this picture due to my haste. The fabric is quite heavy. Don't know the exact weight, but this is definitely not a suit for the warm season.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Geoff Hunt painting. Suit ain't bad, either.
Thanks on both counts. Nice to find someone else who appreciates Geoff Hunt AND grey flannel.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is a handsome suit. the shape of the lapels balances well with the rest of the jacket.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kai, did you get working buttonholes on the sleeves?

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kai, did you get working buttonholes on the sleeves?
Yes. All 4 buttons on each sleeve function.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome. How neat are they? (You can show us a closeup picture of them unopened if you want
) I'm honestly thinking about going to Hong Kong for a vacation.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you leave any of the sleeve buttons unbuttoned? I favor leaving the button closest to the end of the sleeve open. And not for any good reason.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alias: Since you asked, the detailing on Chan suits is very nice. Below are links to pictures of the sleeve buttons and one of the front button holes. As you can see, they are very neatly done. Lots of other details as well, such as a hidden loop behind the lapel button, so you can more easily wear a flower in your lapel if the urge takes you. http://www.larsonweb.com/sleevebuttons.jpg http://www.larsonweb.com/buttonfront.jpg Clarinetplayer: I typically don't wear any of the sleeve buttons undone. Just isn't my style.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy