Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grey Cap-toe Boots (Stacy Adams Madison)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rxcats, Oct 18, 2007.

1. rxcats

rxcats Senior member

Several people have referenced these shoes on other threads. I kind of like them in "steel grey kidskin". I have never had grey shoes before; what would I wear them with? They also make them in a regular cap-toe oxford (also in brown, black and grey). At $105.00, they would be worth having even if they aren't very versatile, but I don't want something I would never wear. What do you guys think?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=1VRS4T7BDOBLO

(Men's Stacy Adams Madison 00015)

2. Krawczak

Krawczak Well-Known Member

I have a pair in black. Qualitywise, you get what you pay for, bearing in mind that they can regularly be had for closer to $80 - at least at the shoe discount place in my town.

However, stylingwise, they are very sharp. They get regular wear in my rotation, against far more expensive shoes. Of course, I have an unusual style.

I say go for it.

Alexander

3. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

I like 'em. Have a brown pair now, have had a black pair in the past.

They used to be made in the USA [of course]. Hope the Indian ones are of the same quality.

4. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Super-duper-fly!

5. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I have a brown kidskin pair. I like them, got them for a little under $80 from shoes.com IIRC. I have darkened the toecap quite a bit (even applied a very light coat of black leather dye, you can still see brown tinge to the toe) I am slowly getting the rest of the boot close to a reddish brown. Pretty decent for the price actually.
    [​IMG]

6. meister

meister Senior member

I have a brown kidskin pair. I like them, got them for a little under $80 from shoes.com IIRC. I have darkened the toecap quite a bit (even applied a very light coat of black leather dye, you can still see brown tinge to the toe) I am slowly getting the rest of the boot close to a reddish brown. Pretty decent for the price actually.

They look fab and they tell you Staceys are crap. Which Staceys are crap?

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

They look fab and they tell you Staceys are crap. Which Staceys are crap?

Almost all other models it seems [​IMG]

I have actually looked at the Madison blue suede/calf combination, too. Blue shoes are hard to find.

8. rxcats

rxcats Senior member

I am also wondering about the colour. I am thinking about the steel grey kidskin as it is different from anything I have (or have ever had). What would I wear with that colour shoe?

9. rxcats

rxcats Senior member

I went ahead and ordered the boots on shoebuy.com. I found a coupon code (did a google search) for 15% off. I also got a "member discount" (whatever that is) of another $9.01 (that is another 10% after the first coupon code is applied). They have free shipping, free return shipping and no sales tax. The grand total I paid was $81.05. They have them in black and brown too.

They also have the same basic captoe as a regular shoe; it is currently on sale for $89.95 (before any other discounts are applied) and is available in the following colours: black, blue, brown, burgundy, grey, navy, oak, olive, taupe and white.

I almost forgot, the coupon code is 368378246. I think it is good until sometime in December.

Jay (rxcats)

10. IGF-1

IGF-1 Senior member

rxcats, how do you like the steel grays after a while? i've got my eye on a pair

11. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Someone in the know recently told me that the Indian-made Stacy Adams shoes were among the better-made Indian-made shoes he'd seen. This was not a judgment on their esthetics, just on how they were made.