• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grey BB Fitzgerald 1818 Suit Question

mcsisk

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a solid charcoal grey suit and I recently purchased a navy BB 1818 Fitzgerald and love it. However, i'm not too sure about the color of the grey one offered on the BB site. Can anyone comment on the color or offer personal pictures of the suit? Link to the suit is below. The grey stripe looks more along the lines of the shade of grey i'm looking for. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...20Regular#null

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the solid grey Fitz yesterday and the color is much darker in real life than in the picture. It's actually charcoal rather than grey.

mcsisk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus
I bought the solid grey Fitz yesterday and the color is much darker in real life than in the picture. It's actually charcoal rather than grey.

Thanks Liquidus. Would you mind posting a picture if its not too much trouble? Thanks again

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the opposite experience with a pair of cotton chinos. On the website they were medium gray, in person they were almost white with a minuscule tinge of grey
ffffuuuu.gif

I'm not saying I disagree with above posters, more so saying don't trust the colours of BB online
smile.gif

divitius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liquidus

Same with mine I got last year.

Troilus

Reaction score
Why did BB elect to use a model that looks younger than the interns at my office? I love 1818s but this turns me off.

Maybe they're trying to subtly convince I'm at the age where I need to upgrade to GF.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Troilus
Why did BB elect to use a model that looks younger than the interns at my office? I love 1818s but this turns me off.

Maybe they're trying to subtly convince I'm at the age where I need to upgrade to GF.

I don't know what age you are, but you need to upgrade to GF. I have both a Fiz and a Regent GF suits and my other BB stuff went to Goodwill.

inq89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
I don't know what age you are, but you need to upgrade to GF. I have both a Fiz and a Regent GF suits and my other BB stuff went to Goodwill.

I'm gonna need your size, and location of this Goodwill.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek

What color and pattern did you get your Fitz GF in? In what ways did you feel like it was better than the 1818 version?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads