1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grensons in Daffy's Phila

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seok, Apr 15, 2005.

1. seok

seok Senior Member

...$69-130. FYI. There is a God, and He is not partial to New Yorkers...

2. jj4

jj4 Well-Known Member

That is a pretty good price. Thanks for the heads up. I will have to stop over there early next week.

3. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior Member

If anyone sees any nice dress shoes in an 11.5 or 12 (medallion toe or plain toe), please let me know. Finders fee and all that other good stuff provided. Want lace ups only.

Thanks.

4. mussel

mussel Senior Member

I doubt they'll be Masterpiece range like the ones at Paul Stuart sales. They'll probably be Footmaster or Feathermaster ranges. Even if they're not MP range, they're still a good price but still no comparison to the PS price for MP.

5. seok

seok Senior Member

is there truly a quality difference that corresponds to the mark-up of the other Grenson lines vs. MPs?

i mean, do they really last that much longer? from a utilitarian perspective, i find the retail mark-up unjustified.

6. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

The masterpieces that I've seen have better uppers, insoles, and construction than the lower lines. I don't know that that translates to longer life, but it's certainly a better life for whatever that's worth. I don't remember what the second line is called, but I would still consider it a good buy at those prices should you find a style you like.

dan

7. Charley

Charley Distinguished Member

Called the store.
    Was told only size was 8.
    Did not inquire further.