• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenson website

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
Looks like they've ditched the "Rose" collection. Shoes look crap.

KayJay85

Reaction score
No mention of various collections but it all looks priced as Rushden
Isn't Rushden made in India? I ask because the site mentions the factory in England and the fact that all the shoes are Goodyear welted

pdsf

Reaction score
What? They have ditched the Rose collection?!
frown.gif
The Rushdens I have seen were all made in India.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance
Shoes look crap.

That explains it all:

Grenson continued to be owned and run by the Green family, with Charles AK Green following his father William, CW Sidney Green following his father and finally JW Heyden Green, Williams great grandson running the business until the 1980s when he sold it. The new owners were the Purslow family who ran the business for nearly thirty years before finally selling it to Tim Little in 2010.

http://www.grenson.co.uk/heritage

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wearing today in the snow these clunky rubber sole Tim Little boots and I was impressed how solid they are for this type of weather. But I paid only a third or their retail price.
I am wondering if he'll continue to make some Tim Little shoes in UK at the Rose level and twice the price of the Rushden. I'm sad to see the Grenson brand being considered junk.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the 'High End Shoes' thread is going to be missing Grenson soon...

Some of the shoes still look pretty nice though.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Having said that, there are some real bargains of on his website. Considering the RRP, these should be the equivalent of the Rose collection.

JDixon

Reaction score
Very disappointing I have to say. Was looking forward to the site launch.

Do you think this means they will be ditching the Rose collection all together, or that they just won't be available from their site? (hopefully just the latter)

JD

BlackShoes

Reaction score
Shoes made in India, still high prices. Very disappointing when a piece of England's shoe making heritage is adulterated like this.

Groover

Reaction score
I, like many others have been waiting a long time to see what Grenson would offer under the stewardship of Tim Little. Underwhelmed would be an understatement.

I don't know if the Rose line has been dropped, but, if it has, and we're left with whats on show then this once great shoemaker has succumbed to mass produced cheap imports. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I'm not in the market for some Indian Corrected Grain at this time, so I'll pass and wait to see if they release better quality.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Groover
I, like many others have been waiting a long time to see what Grenson would offer under the stewardship of Tim Little. Underwhelmed would be an understatement.

I don't know if the Rose line has been dropped, but, if it has, and we're left with whats on show then this once great shoemaker has succumbed to mass produced cheap imports. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I'm not in the market for some Indian Corrected Grain at this time, so I'll pass and wait to see if they release better quality.

+1

Tim had some half decent shoes on his site , if i remember right the Black line. Surely hes not going to ditch the Rose line and just go with the Indian stuff ??

Grenson have made such a lovely shoe in the past in the Masterpiece line and the La Cordonnerie Anglaise range. It would be lovely to think Tim Little will surprise us and start making the Masterpiece line again
fistbump.gif

Tim was in Chennai on the 1st Dec not looking good for a masterpiece line.

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kev777
+1

Tim had some half decent shoes on his site , if i remember right the Black line. Surely hes not going to ditch the Rose line and just go with the Indian stuff ??

Grenson have made such a lovely shoe in the past in the Masterpiece line and the La Cordonnerie Anglaise range. It would be lovely to think Tim Little will surprise us and start making the Masterpiece line again
fistbump.gif

Hey Kev!

IIRC the Tim Little Black Sole shoes were made to the Rose standards, but priced at £100 more, bargains could be had at sale time.

It would be great if the Masterpiece range (or equivalent standard) was started again. We will wait and see I guess... but lets hope so, it would be a tragedy for them not to.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Groover
Hey Kev!

IIRC the Tim Little Black Sole shoes were made to the Rose standards, but priced at £100 more, bargains could be had at sale time.

It would be great if the Masterpiece range (or equivalent standard) was started again. We will wait and see I guess... but lets hope so, it would be a tragedy for them not to.

Hey G

I have a pair of Tims Black chukka's i got for £60 which was a steal and they are to Rose std as you say. I also have one pair of Masterpiece's and they are without doubt my fav's. I would love it if Tim took on the AS's and Cheaney's so at least we have more choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads