• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenson update at bennie's

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
By popular demand I went back to Bennie's at Piedmont to check the racks there for size 8s.
While I was there, Mark told me that the Grensons were selling so well that they were contacting the supplier tomorrow to take all that he had left. I am not sure, but I guess that means at least another 150 pairs will arrive soon. They may be odd sizes.
Chris telephoned to say that he was being flooded with calls for size 8 and that he would be updating the website photos to add the Cobb store shoes in that size-9 more 8Ds and 2 more 8Es.
I checked the size 8 rack at the Piedmont Road store. Call Louie or Mark there if you want any of these:
Black "Radley" penny loafer-8D and 8E
Mahogany "Radley" penny loafer-8E
Cognac "Radley" penny loafer-8E-2 pairs
The really special-looking Grenson shoe that I saw on the racks in a 8 (E) had the label, "La Coronnerie Anglaise, Paris." It was an plain oxblood monk strap, but with a punched toe, somewhat like the toe on the C&J Weymouth.
By the way, on looking at the size 8 rack, I saw 3 J&M Handmades were still left, as follows:
Black "shovel" sole wingtip-8B
Black "shovel" sole wingtip-8E
Mahogany regular sole wingtip-8E

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the power of the internet.  I wonder how many lurkers use this site solely for the deals.  I just wish more people would participate on a regular basis.  We have in excess of 1k members and maybe 50 people are active participants--and I thought my fraternity numbers were bad in college.

Thanks again Ken for keeping the rest of the shoe-holics informed....

housemaidsknee

Reaction score
thanks for the update - here's hoping they get the #16 from the original list of 8.5 size in a 7.5 now. i have fallen in love with that shoe.

Lomezz

Reaction score
jerrysfriend - thank for the update.

Did you like that LCA monkstrap? I bought a pair in 9E black sight unseen on Thursday. Chris mentioned it was the only monkstrap they had in 9 and that it was made for a French store, so I'm assuming it's similar to the one you saw. Only problem now is that the French LCA website seems to be down so I can't actually see my new shoe...

Please, no more shipments. I'm on my third pair this sale and counting.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They finally have brought in size 9E (3 models-). "Timeless Rider", if you're out there, you may want to note the cordovan captoes (the black straight cap toes are for me-too bad there are no Radleys). Are we all sure that all the Grensons are from the Masterpiece range (the little oval size plate? the 800 series)? Of course, and yes selfishly, I'm talking about the 9E size but a general answer would be great too (Chris? are you out there).

Thanks, again, Ken, for your tireless efforts for forum members. This is a deal that's impossible to resist, at least once.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Not all the shoes are from the Masterpiece line, apparently, but I think the dress shoes are. It's the ones without leather soles or the saddle oxfords, etc. that aren't. I ordered a pair of the chukkas that have a crepe sole, and aren't Masterpiece line.

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
Did you like that LCA monkstrap? I bought a pair in 9E black sight unseen on Thursday. Chris mentioned it was the only monkstrap they had in 9 and that it was made for a French store, so I'm assuming it's similar to the one you saw. Only problem now is that the French LCA website seems to be down so I can't actually see my new shoe...
I thought that it was a real beauty; especially the color and work on the toe.The shoe I saw was made a bit differently from the other Grensons; a very different sole (more like Lattazini) and the interior lining is not as nice, in my opinion. However, from looking at the LCA website in the past, I would guess that the shoe costs at least 500 Euros. If they had one in my size, I would buy it. Another model that has also aroused my interest is no. E here, similiar to the Radley penny loafer, but with a perfectly plain vamp, instead-just beautiful. http://benniesshoes.com/grenson8.htm

marc37

Reaction score
Pity they didn't have a size 7. l am bleeding here. Very vexing.
biggrin.gif

Lomezz

Reaction score
Thanks, jerrysfriend, but I'm afraid "my" monkstraps are actually like the ones pictured in 8J, with the unseemly seam running down one side of the front  - too weird for me.

And now Chris doesn't have any lace-ups left in 9D. Guess I'll have to wait for future shipments.

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
Thanks, jerrysfriend, but I'm afraid "my" monkstraps are actually like the ones pictured in 8J, with the unseemly seam running down one side of the front  - too weird for me.

I do not like 8J it either-too "Paul Smith" mod for me.
The La Coronnerie Anglaise Paris monkstrap that I saw on the rack, also in a 8E, is much more to my taste. It is completely plain, except for punched holes in the toe in a nice pattern. It is in oxblood, however, not in black.

scot

Reaction score
Norcaltransplant: There is a reason many of us are not terribly active. Every time I show up on here I end up spending too much money.

Otherwise I am also a 9d wearer, so please let me know next time a shipment comes in. (at least in most shoes I am a 9d) Only issue I have are small heels, anyone know how grenson's are in the heels?

Scot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads