• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenson Sizing and Quality

Humanfactor

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

Sizing:
I just received my Grenson Stanley's today. I was very concerned about the sizing as I once remember trying Grenson's on and they ran a bit larger than most UK shoes.

I typically take a US 11 (for normal width "F") and a US 10.5 (for wider width "G"). I ordered Grenson Stanley's in UK 9.5 G and they fit perfectly.

Quality:
I have to admit, I was a bit biased by the fact that most Grenson shoes (G2 line) are made at a shoe factory in India. However, from what I read on the Grenson website and from an article by Tim Little (Grenson head) I believe there are enough quality control mechanisms and proper UK Grenson manufacturing techniques shared with the Indian operation to insure quality. The leather appears to be of a good grade, the stitching and detail work looks precise enough. Overall for the price point I think it is a good value. There is also the intrinsic value of interesting styles coming out of Grenson that I believe also supports this price point.

Style:
I like the fact that Grenson took the traditional brogue and enhanced the detail a bit... a bit larger brogue holes, double sole and burnished leather around the toe area. It is classic looking and falls just right in the middle between a more conservative brogue and some of the ones that are a bit over the top, e.g. Grenson Archies, Trickers Burton or the Alfred Sargent Appleby.

Pricing:
In the USA there are some well known , high end men's stores selling these for $350 US. I believe if you do your research you can find some good deals on these shoes from some of the UK sellers.

I have only worn them for one day, but I am very satisfied with them and plan on doing a YouTube review of them soon.

Cheers
- Michael

Last edited:

10cents

Reaction score
HI Michael,

You said you normally took an half size smaller in G fit than the F fit for your Grenson. Could you share whether you had to sacrifice for a shorter shoe, considering your G fitting shoes are smaller by an half size? How shorter your Grenson Stanley than your other Grenson shoes in F fitting?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads