• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grenson Shoes?

mmhollis

Reaction score
I've seen a few pair of Grenson shoes that I liked but I'm not really familiar with the brand are they a decent shoe? Still waiting for their website to go online..

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are better made than AE. I have 3 pairs of Grenson and 2 pairs of AE shoes. The Grensons look much better, too.

essej

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of Grenson dress boots. The leather is supple and the build quality seems as good as or better than my AEs.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grenson Rose (and, by extension, Masterpiece) are awesome. Not sure about the lesser lines.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very high - they are apparently built to Masterpiece standards and have similar features (channeled sole, model number & size in cutout box on inside lining, bevelled waist, etc).

Just as a FYI, there was some talk some time ago here on SF that Grenson Rose was the 'new' Grenson Masterpiece, apparently based on what some salesperson said - that is absolute bull and if you handle both in person the differences are glaring.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Animal Thug
Grenson Masterpiece = kop if you can find your size. No questions.
Grenson Rose = better than C&J benchgrades, on par with handgrades
Grenson Rushed (Rushden Range) and below = unless you want disposable shoes and get them under $150, you'd better pass.

YMMV (slightly)

Mine varies, I have all 3 and I find Grenson ROse to be comparable to CJ benchgrades rather than handgrades.

But as you said YMMV

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grenson Salisbury, several CJ bench and couple of CJ handgrades

Firstladyofsong

Reaction score
Grenson shoes that I've seen at Holt Renfrew here in Toronto are all made in India.

Hadrian

Reaction score
Ive been looking for these for a little bit to no avail:

GMP for PS "Paul" loafer. Loved them when I saw them in person, but passed on buying them. Regret it ever since...

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple Grensons from my collection...........

Grenson Masterpiece Suede Brogue

Grenson Rose Salisbury Suede

Grenson Rose Chertsey Chukka

Grenson Masterpiece as already stated if you see them get them the quality is bang on.

Grenson Rose i would put alongside C&J Bench and to be honest i think is slightly better in both leathers used and workmanship, def not to C&J Handgrade tho.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ is the Salisbury in suede a regular production model and if so, where can I order it online ? Thanks

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.