• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenson Shoes sizing

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. I have size 10D Grenson Stowie from Bennis. What is the equivalent U.K Grenson size? Is it 8.5, 9, or 9.5UK?

2. If I can push my foot all the way into the shoe and able to stick in my middle finger comfortably, should I go down .5 or 1 UK size from the current size? My middle finger is about 2CM widestpart and 1.6CM thickest part.

Thanks.

raley

Reaction score
I am normally a 12, and bought Grensons from Bennie's in size 12. They are a bit big but wearable - I definitely could have sized down to a 11.5 though.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
1. I have size 10D Grenson Stowie from Bennis. What is the equivalent U.K Grenson size? Is it 8.5, 9, or 9.5UK?

2. If I can push my foot all the way into the shoe and able to stick in my middle finger comfortably, should I go down .5 or 1 UK size from the current size? My middle finger is about 2CM widestpart and 1.6CM thickest part.

Thanks.

1. The equivalent U.K. Grenson size is 9.5E.
2. Yes you should go down in size. Does the width fit perfectly? If so, you may consider going down a size but up a width - i.e. to a 9.5E U.S. or 9F British. If the width is a bit big, simply size down that half size - 9.5D U.S., 9E U.K.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does a UK F width fitting fit the same as a US E fitting? And does that mean that a UK G fitting is the same as a US EE fitting?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Does a UK F width fitting fit the same as a US E fitting? And does that mean that a UK G fitting is the same as a US EE fitting?

in theory, yes, but in reality, it depends on the brand and their labeling preferences.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ ^ Indeed. I have Grenson 7F and they fit me identically to Grenson 7.5E U.S.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
^ ^ Indeed. I have Grenson 7F and they fit me identically to Grenson 7.5E U.S.

But, would say a Grenson 11F fit the same as an Allen Edmonds 11E more or less? I know it depends on the last and all, but I've been hunting for good shoes in a G fitting thinking that this was the equivalent to a US E, but there are a lot more options available in F fittings, though I'm not sure that an F fitting would fit my US 11E foot.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But, would say a Grenson 11F fit the same as an Allen Edmonds 11E more or less? I know it depends on the last and all, but I've been hunting for good shoes in a G fitting thinking that this was the equivalent to a US E, but there are a lot more options available in F fittings, though I'm not sure that an F fitting would fit my US 11E foot.
I believe a U.S. Allen Edmonds 11E is equivalent to a Grenson UK size 10.5F.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting. If this is true then it would open up a lot more shoe options for me. Is this also true for C & J? Would a C & J size 10.5F be approximately equivalent to an AE 11E?

I should just order from places with a good return policy.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the difference in Grenson insole length (or dress shoes in general) from 9.5UK to 9UK? Would it be 5mm ~= 1/4 inch?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. If this is true then it would open up a lot more shoe options for me. Is this also true for C & J? Would a C & J size 10.5F be approximately equivalent to an AE 11E?

I should just order from places with a good return policy.

C&J definitely depends on the last in my experience. Sorry I can't be more specific, I'm not much of a C&J junkie. I do know that they make almost no shoes in a wide fitting, which is frustrating.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear an AE 10.5D in most lasts (i.e., any last but the 5), would probably wear the AE Park Avenue in 10E (the 5 last - I actually don't have one, but know that the 10.5D is too long and maybe too narrow) and a Grenson Masterpiece 9.5F (the Rugby, and maybe would be better with an E width).

TomDab

Reaction score
I got 10,5G from Grenson, any suggestions what would that be in Alden's sizing???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads