1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grenson Rubber Soles

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by nightowl6261a, Apr 12, 2006.

1. SGladwell

SGladwell Distinguished Member

If some of them were boots in 11 or 11.5, maybe.

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

You'll give advance warning, Chris?

*Frantically hits refresh button*

3. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Are these boots/shoes from the Grenson "Country" line? I have a pair of Ilkley brogued boots that I absolutely love. I would not mind getting a pair of black boots, also.

4. spinlps

spinlps Well-Known Member

Lots of interest here...

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

BTW, somewhat OT: the Grenson "Claude" Chelsea boot is really nice looking - almost a C&J "knockoff". Does anyone have this boot?

6. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Distinguished Member

I will do my best at trying to get photos etc up by Sat afternoon, does that sound good to all....I will try to give some better photos this time as well, with full shots of the soles, danite etc...

7. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Distinguished Member

You'll give advance warning, Chris?

*Frantically hits refresh button*

I will give eveyone this, hopefully by Sat afternoon I will have the photos in, I will try to get the prices up with the style numbers so all I have to do is plug the images as I edit them

8. aybojs

aybojs Senior Member

BTW, somewhat OT: the Grenson "Claude" Chelsea boot is really nice looking - almost a C&J "knockoff". Does anyone have this boot?

This site seems to have them for about $280; they have channelled leather soles, so I'm sure they would have been up on Bennie's Monday sale if they were in stock. I got mine for about $150 last year and have ever since then been fruitlessly trying to get another one in brown for not too much more. I've been experiencing some of the same peeling on the sole that other Grenson buyers have; don't know if the way I wear my shoes (fairly hard) may have contributed. It is a great looking shoe, though.

9. j

This site seems to have them for about $280; they have channelled leather soles, so I'm sure they would have been up on Bennie's Monday sale if they were in stock. I got mine for about $150 last year and have ever since then been fruitlessly trying to get another one in brown for not too much more. I've been experiencing some of the same peeling on the sole that other Grenson buyers have; don't know if the way I wear my shoes (fairly hard) may have contributed. It is a great looking shoe, though.
    Thanks. Is that "peeling" where the channel around the stitching chips off? Or something worse?

On a boot like that it might be worth gluing a Topy on to avoid that and get some slip resistance as well.

10. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

I feel the draw of the chealsea boot again... those are really nicely shaped J.

11. Dapper Dandy

Dapper Dandy Senior Member

At $150, you got an awesome deal! ebay?

12. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

I've been experiencing some of the same peeling on the sole that other Grenson buyers have; don't know if the way I wear my shoes (fairly hard) may have contributed. It is a great looking shoe, though.
    I've had a couple pairs of my Grensons do that, too. I sent one pair back to Chris because I thought something was wrong and he did something to it so that it's been fine ever since. Chris, do you remember what you had your shoe guy do to fix that? It'd be nice to have it done locally on the other two pairs of my shoes that are doing that.

dan

13. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

I don't know if they're exactly the Claude model, but I have a pair of Grenson chelseas in brown made to Masterpiece grade from the first Bennie's sale that look like the photo on that site. I think they look more like EG Newmarkets than C&Js because they're less "bulbous" through the vamp than the C&J 337 last. They're probably my favorite pair of shoes because the last shape is so nice, they're very comfortable, and they go with everything from jeans to suits. If you can find a pair, I'd definitely recommend them.

dan

14. j

I don't know if they're exactly the Claude model, have a pair of Grenson chelseas in brown made to Masterpiece grade from the first Bennie's sale that look like the photo on that site. I think they look more like EG Newmarkets than C&Js because they're less "bulbous" through the vamp than the C&J 337 last. They're probably my favorite pair of shoes because the last shape is so nice, they're very comfortable, and they go with everything from jeans to suits. If you can find a pair, I'd definitely recommend them.

dan

Excellent, thanks. I sure wish I had known about the first Bennie's sale when it happened. [​IMG]

15. Ed13

Ed13 Senior Member

I purchased 3 pairs of the rubber sole Grensons at Bennie's last sale. One pair appears to be close to masterpiece quality while the other two are more rustic with thicker leather. I consider all 3 pairs an excellent value.