1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Grenson MP at Bennies' Shoes (Atlanta)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nerdykarim, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Shoegal

Shoegal Active Member

FYI we've marked some Grensons styles down.

2. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Hey, Do you have any additional pics of this pair? http://www.benniesshoes.com/catalog/.../8138-200.html [​IMG] The picture provided makes them look a bit blobby, but if they are shaped like the Clintons a few pages back in the thread, I would definitely bite. Any info?

3. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

Hey,

Do you have any additional pics of this pair?
    http://www.benniesshoes.com/catalog/.../8138-200.html
    [​IMG]

The picture provided makes them look a bit blobby, but if they are shaped like the Clintons a few pages back in the thread, I would definitely bite. Any info?

+1

4. meister

meister Senior member

FYI we've marked some Grensons styles down.

Thanks but how do foreigners buy 'em when we can't work the site due to a computer fault with foreign postcodes. Can you send a Western Union money order?

Other SFers have suggested you need to go up a size on your US size. But if you are a USA 11E will you get away with it or will you still have to go up to 11.5D?

5. Shoegal

Shoegal Active Member

Thanks but how do foreigners buy 'em when we can't work the site due to a computer fault with foreign postcodes. Can you send a Western Union money order?

Other SFers have suggested you need to go up a size on your US size. But if you are a USA 11E will you get away with it or will you still have to go up to 11.5D?

The problem with outside the US, is we are getting KILLED with custom fees, I just sent something to France and the shipping & custom fees were 2X the cost of the shoes. Sorry.

As far as the sizes go, we show what Grenson has marked inside the shoe. We don't make up the sizes and/or change the sizes. These shoes are marked with US sizes. The shoes are handmade so the sizes marked inside are written in ink.

6. dr.no

dr.no Senior member

7. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

Thanks.

I think Bennies needs a new photographer. That wide angle lens makes the shoes look like clown shoes a bit...

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

i just got a pair of the clintons. they are remarkably similar to JL 2005 in style and shape.
    i hope they turn out as substantial as JLs though.

just ordered i meant

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

anybody have any more photos of these that Vintage got?

[​IMG]

are the colors supposed to be burnt pine for calf leather and a lighter brown for the suede or is that supposed to be tobacco or grey ?

anybody have a photo of these shoes close to the actual color or can somebody just describe it thanks.

10. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

[​IMG]

are the colors supposed to be burnt pine for calf leather and a lighter brown for the suede or is that supposed to be tobacco or grey ?

anybody have a photo of these shoes close to the actual color or can somebody just describe it thanks.

No, that's just the idiot flash from the idiot camera held by the idiot photographer. Colors are dark brown for both the calf and the suede. I don't know why the suede photographs lighter, but, alas, it does.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I have crappy cell pics if you're interested... Colors of suede and calf is much more similar than VG pics (or even mine) show

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Leaveitothexperts

Leaveitothexperts Senior member

Thanks.

I think Bennies needs a new photographer. That wide angle lens makes the shoes look like clown shoes a bit...

+1, I was just thinking about emailing them about that and sending some sample angles that I have and show them some sites that have better angles in the hopes of upping their sales . . . . then I thought what might happen to the prices and bargains for SF . . . . and I refrained, of course . . .

13. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

What is the sizing like for the Bennies Grensons? Are they US sizes or British, and if I am a 9.5 UK for C&J what would I probably be for a Grenson US, 10?

14. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

What is the sizing like for the Bennies Grensons? Are they US sizes or British, and if I am a 9.5 UK for C&J what would I probably be for a Grenson US, 10?

The sizing is U.S., and they usually run fairly true to size, in my experience.

15. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I think they run a tiny bit narrow. I buy a 9.5 in the Paul Stuart oxfords with an elongated toe (like the Clintons) but wear a 9 in C&J for RL and a 8.5E in C&J 348. I think their loafers run a little large, so I would size down on those.

Bennies has a good return policy and free shipping, so you could always buy both sizes and just return one.

16. wq1999

wq1999 Senior member

I generally wear 10 D (US sizes) in Stuart's Choice Grensons. For comparison, I wear 9 E in C&J 337, 9.5 E in EG 888.

17. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

thanks gdl for the pics. not the best. but i appreciate it[​IMG]

18. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

I generally wear 10 D (US sizes) in Stuart's Choice Grensons. For comparison, I wear 9 E in C&J 337, 9.5 E in EG 888.

if you wear a 10D in US , would not your EG 888 size be 9.5/10D?

because i know EG uses D as normal , not the conventional UK E as normal.

so you wear a 9.5/10E in 888?

thanks.

19. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

No, that's just the idiot flash from the idiot camera held by the idiot photographer. Colors are dark brown for both the calf and the suede. I don't know why the suede photographs lighter, but, alas, it does.

you are not an idiot. far from it.
    the photo is actually very lovely. just the idiot flash mixes up true colors.

20. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Disagree. These are the only shoes I have ever taken an 11 1/2 in, every other maker I own is 10 1/2 to 11. To be on the safe side, I'd recommend 1/2 size up.