1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Grenson, Loake, and Sanders

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pitboss12, Nov 9, 2007.

1. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

I've been exploring the wonderful world of English shoes and would like to know how Sanders and Grenson hold up in terms of quality. I've read alot about impressions on Laoke here on SF. How do Grenson (especially their Rose collection) and Sanders compare?

Thanks for your input!

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

My only experience with Sanders has been in the form of a pair of double monks they made for E.T. Wright. I like them better than my top-end Loakes, though they're in the same ballpark.

3. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

Any other impressions on Grenson or Sanders?

4. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

no impressions vis a vis the Grenson Rose line, but the mostly discontinued Grenson Masterpiece line is superlative (about C&J handgrade quality), and the mostly discontinued Grenson Footmaster line was very good (roughly C&J benchgrade quality). I suspect that the Rose line is similar to the old Footmaster line in terms of quality, but possibly with more refined lasts and patterns.

5. Clark

Clark Senior member

I wear a pair of Sanders Chukkas in suede bought from Pediwear a couple of years ago. I'm very happy with them, and I think they measure up to Loake 1880 or Alfred Sargents lines in quality. A pic from a recent wearing: [​IMG]

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I have a pair of Grenson Ilkleys and a few pairs of Loake shoes (1880 level). The Grenson boots are much nicer - good construction, great leather (good colour, develops good patina, very durable). On discount the Loake are decent.