1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Grenson Link

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by nightowl6261a, Apr 10, 2006.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

You guys are fast! I checked from home and kept getting an error message, after trying to add those 9.5 spectators. [​IMG] Got to the office and, of course, they're gone. [​IMG] Oh well.

2. spinlps

spinlps Well-Known Member

Just out of curiousity, what line are the $200 shoes?

3. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well, those $200 specs were the very highest grade of Masterpieces...

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Looks like sizes 11 and 11.5 were completely cleaned out. Someone trying to give aportnoy a run for his money?

5. spinlps

I saw an 11E cap toe (I think) flash up for a few seconds. I'm about to release an 11D brown loafer I caught a few minutes later.

Looks like sizes 11 and 11.5 were completely cleaned out. Someone trying to give aportnoy a run for his money?

6. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

EXACTLY. [​IMG]

7. demeis

demeis Senior member

Nothing left for me when i checked an hour ago. the 10's went fast and now nothing left that interested me saddly. But i guess i saved my money and will be able to pay my credit card bill this month. Thanks anyhow Chris.

8. spinlps

Thanks. Just curious since Chris explicitly stated that anything not priced at $250 were not Masterpieces...

9. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I was just browsing the archives for some comments about the last batch of Grensons when I came across Chris' thread asking for thoughts on a fair price for Masterpieces. In retrospect, it's fairly amusing. Lots of talk about not wanting to pay more than $200...

10. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well, I got a pair of those (specs) in the last sale. Thing is I didn't ask about them for like a full month, thinking they must have sold the first day. They were still there!! He probably didn't want to get stuck with them this time.

11. denning

denning Senior member

Chris, any word on the postal code issue? I find that it still does not work for me. When I try to continue through checkout it hilights it as not filled in properly, I'm guessing because I'm in Canada.

12. wpeters

wpeters Senior member

I got one 11.5 during the early server madness, and the others just disappeared. No idea if they were snapped up by one or more people. Oh, and a huge thanks to Chris - the pictures are outstanding.

13. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I got a pair of the dark brown strap loafers. I'm not really a big loafer guy, but that one grabbed me. I like the high vamp (is that the right word?) and I like shoes that I can dress up or down.

The frenzy at 5:30 AM was quite a rush. I had a pair of tan suede cap-toe brogues in 9.5 in my cart for a little while. I deleted them and they were snatched up again in the few seconds it took to reload the page. I think I saw most of the shoes available in 9.5 and 10, and I'm happy with the pair I got. Thanks Chris.

14. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

Wow! You guys just burned through these. I'm glad all of this was done over the internet. If everyone had been forced to actually go to Bennie's there might have been a few Cabbage Patch Kids style fist fights. [​IMG]

15. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Chris,

What is the hil to toe measurement of size 9D, code 43.

Thank you.