Grenson Fred fit / Tim Little Boots fit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Obmanoid, Nov 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Obmanoid

Obmanoid Member

Hey guys,

looking to purchase my first english boots. Was looking at Tricker's first but with duties and shipping seems to be a bit pricy for me now. Want to use them in winter that's why looking on models without leather sole.

So now I'm deciding between Grenson Fred C:

[​IMG]
    and Tim Little Love in Vain

[​IMG]

How do these fit? As I've read here one should drop half a size in Grenson? I do not have boots to compare but normally i wear 43 / 9 UK / 10 US. Does that mean I should get 8.5 UK in Grenson Fred?

Also, does anybody know how Tim Little fit? TTS?

Thanks in advance.

2. FastLikeTree

FastLikeTree Member

Yes, I would drop half a size for the Grenson boots since they're usually wide fitting. I have also done this with my own pair as well.

3. chet31

chet31 Senior member

Just bought a pair of Grenson Freds. They run a bit large, but thicker socks takes care of it. I ordered them from "End" in England. Best price I found, and they occasionally have sales for up to 15% off. Shipping was only $15.99 to the USA, but customs/duties added another $70.

4. Obmanoid

Obmanoid Member

Thanks for the input, I've decided to go for Grenson. Just if anybody curious -0,5 size worked great so I'm 43 / UK9 and took 8.5 in Grenson Fred - fits good.

Got them from pediwear.co.uk, arrived in 3(!) days in Ukraine and I like them. Can't compare with better shoes here but definitely not as bad as some guys describing them, at least for me.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012