1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Grenson formal pumps

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Horace, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Horace

Horace Senior member

Gentlemen,

Anyone take a pair of Grenson formal pumps? If so, how did they fit?

With thanks,

H.

2. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

I ordered a pair, they should be here soon. What size are you interested in. If they dont fit me, I can send them directly to you.

3. Horace

Horace Senior member

Thanks for your kind offer.

I ordered a pair and will have to send them back. They don't fit in the wamp area, though there is some extra area in the heel. A strange fit for me. And I wear a 10.5. or 11. These were 10.5's and I can't imagine a 10 fitting and certainly an 11.

I even tried with different hose. (formal silk, and a heavier-weight (though still thin).

Perhaps it's just the last? I've heard that the Radley's (another Grenson loafer -- though I don't know if same last as the Grenson opera pump) can fit tightly on the vamp.

All in all, though a good formal shoe and I wished they'd fitted. Can beat the quality for US$100.