1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Grenadine Ties Uncovered

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Matt S, Dec 16, 2010.

1. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Love the ties and David is one of the nicest guy to deal with.

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/51579554@N05/5328690956/][​IMG]

This is a fina, right?

Looks like a fina to me.

Thank you, Ianiceman.

Here is a photo of one of our lined 6-fold grenadines:

[​IMG]

The 4-fold will look the same as a standard 3-fold

Mr. Sam,

I'm assuming this is a grossa? I apologize but I am new to grenadines.

2. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

This thread proves that SF nog steeds deliverith.

Excellent work, men. Keep it up.

3. GBear

GBear Senior member

Wow, informative. Thanks!

4. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

Can't wait for the sam hober groza fina[​IMG]

5. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

think i saw a drakes 6 fold unlined recently and it was nice - had some seethroughness that added to the majesty of it all

You would see right through an unlined garza grossa tie. They have to be lined in a wool that is similar in color to the silk of the tie or the lining itself is too visible.

6. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Is the burgundy tie more red or more brown? On my iPad it looks more brown.

Anyone who owns one care to chime in?

7. Sam Hober

Sam Hober Senior member Dubiously Honored

You would see right through an unlined garza grossa tie. They have to be lined in a wool that is similar in color to the silk of the tie or the lining itself is too visible.
    Will, is not only correct but as I recall I number of years ago we had a discussion on the subject which resulted in a hand painted wool grenadine. Will has a good eye for color and style. About a week ago "AlanC" shared with me an old Brooks Brother striped grenadine that was untipped and while it had an interlining it stopped a few inches above the tipping area which gave the illusion of the tie being unlined. In theory we can make unlined grenadines but I wonder how they will hold up over time without an interlining... When time allows I will make an unlined grenadine. k4lnamja, We are currently working with Grenadine Garza Grossa which is what the ties in the photo are made with. We will start making ties with Grenadine Garza Fina roughly in April. The silks have been woven but we are waiting for some grenadine pin dots to be finished and then all the grenadines will be sent to us at once. PS Sam is Samantha my 5 year old daughter, I am David Hober.

8. forex

forex Senior member

David,
    looking forward to the fine grenadine offerings in April. Would be nice if you offered them in stripes as well.

9. Sam Hober

Sam Hober Senior member Dubiously Honored

David, looking forward to the fine grenadine offerings in April. Would be nice if you offered them in stripes as well.
    Forex, Stripes, may be a good idea thank you for your suggestion. We have some currently in the Grenadine Garza Grossa weave.

10. kankle j

kankle j Member

I just got my swatches in from Sam Hober, and I'm incredibly excited to place an order once I get down to 2-4 swatches. It's tough 'cause I love them all, but I'm fairly certain I'll be sticking to variations on the Garza Grossa weave, in darker, somber colors.

Hey, David, I have an idea for you. Make as many variations on grenadine neckwear as possible (more rep stripes, argyles, polka/pin dot, sutherland stripes, foulards, if that's even possible, etc) , corner the market, buy out Drakes and Kent Wang, then rule the world.

Oh, and this one is for the styleforum members. What do you think of the idea of having grenadine pocket squares? Is that the most insane things you've ever heard of? It actually seems fairly logical to me compared to the overloaded beaded wrist bracelet "sprezz" these Piti Uomo folks have going on. And the insane lapel flowers made of fabric. That's just dressed by the blogs.

Think of it though, wearing grenadine pocket square in some tweedy herringbone joint?

11. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

12. BestMensTies

BestMensTies Member

My first and so far the only Marinella tie is grenadine :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]