1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grenadine Ties at J Press

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Phil, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Phil

Phil Senior Member

Just a heads up - went into J Press for some xmas gifts yesterday afternoon and picked up some very nice grenadine ties. They are the even harder to find tight weave version. I got 3 - black, silver, and chocolate brown. $65.00 each. I will measure the width, but they seem to be in the 3 1/2 range.

On a different note, the elderly gentleman who helped me was bemoaning the fact that they are most likely going to discontinue their sock garters. He was pretty fired up about it actually.

2. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I've wondered how those were (seen them in the catalog). The 25% off sale ought to hit after Christmas.

There is a chance that Santa may bring a Ben Silver grenadine this year. Has anyone compared the two? I know The Foxx is a big fan of the B. Silver grenadines.

3. bch

bch Senior Member

Have 2 Ben Silver grenadines, blue and ice blue, which I picked up after notice of sale posted on this board. They are very nice, though you must work a little harder than most ties to get a dimple, if you insist on having one. This is probably due to the narrow width. Once dimpled, though, the knot stays perfect throughout the day. Cannot compare to the J.Press version.

4. Phil

Phil Senior Member

I own both, they both are well made. The differences between the two are merely aesthetic. The weave on the J Press grenadines is much tighter than the Ben Silvers.

5. Horace

Horace Distinguished Member

I like that. Good story. Which city?

6. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

How do the J Press and B Silver grenadines compare with those at New & Lingwood?

7. Phil

Phil Senior Member

Horace, it was in NYC, at the JPress on the corner of Madison and 44th (I think 44th). I love that old guy, hes so irritable and grumpy.

I measured the ties, they are 3 1/2" inches at the widest part. They knot up smaller than most of my other grenadines, since they seem like they arent lined at all. Or if they are, very slightly so. I think they look great though, I am glad I bought them.