Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Greige

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Debaser, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Debaser

Debaser Well-Known Member

I just purchased an interesting jacket from the label Greige. Some of you may want to check out this label. Most of the pieces are bleak and industrial. Almost an early 1900s vibe. Understated details, in some cases unique materials. I'll see if I can find a pic of the jacket.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I believe that Drinkwaters may be carrying this line in the upcoming F/W season.

3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just saw a few pieces here in SF. Seemed like everything was constructed well and made from decent materials. Really nice thick cotton. The styling is super understated. Didn't try anything so not sure of the cut/fit. But pretty nice stuff and nice colorways.

4. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

wow, i just learned something by googling for 'greige'.

the word means a textile that is in 'loom state', i.e. un-dyed or -bleached. it is pronounced 'grey'.

5. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters OG Affiliate Vendor

LAguy is correct in saying that Drinkwater's will be carrying Greige as part of our Fall/ Winter collections. We are hoping that with Engineered Garments, we will have a very interesting Streetwear collaboration.

6. dusty

dusty Senior member

Does Drinkwater's sell online?

7. Debaser

Their site is pending construction, so I'll try and describe the jacket. It's graphite colored, coated cotton in a micro-herringbone weave. The distressing seems to be some kind of heat-pressing. A nice cut with a sort of Chinese collar. I believe the buttons are made of horn.

They also produce selvedge jeans. I'm going to see how those compare.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Damn, I may just *need* that jacket (though I just received my Yoko Devereaux one on Monday). That sounds great. I love coated cotton, subtle herringbone, and heat pressed treatments.

And Gary doesn't sell online, but he does take phone orders, and I could take pictures of stuff I think us streetwear types might like and post them. BTW, although I mention the store a lot, I am not associated with Drinkwaters except that Gary and I are friends, and I a fair bit of his casualwear stuff, and see that he has a pretty coherent vision. Which unfortunately is increasingly rare in retail these days.

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I ordered over the phone from Gary and would highly recommend taking the opportunity to buy from him to everyone and anyone here. Between LA Guy's descriptions and understanding/experience and Gary's excellent service, this is a win-win situation. It's much more solid in terms of knowing what you're getting than simply looking at pictures on an internet site.

BTW, that Greige jacket sounds totally rad.

10. ken

ken Banned by Request

Just checked it out first hand. They're like 500 bucks. No dice.

They had a couple Rag & Bone jackets of similar styling at a much better price point.

11. Debaser

Wow. I got mine for like $280 I believe.