Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

greige mfg (1930's depression era clothing)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by PeasantLLC, Jun 20, 2006.

1. PeasantLLC

PeasantLLC Senior member

greige mfg (one of my favorite brands) no longer exists - i was thinking about adding my remaining inventory to my store www.peasantonline.com and sell it off at a discount - i wanted to know if people think there is enough of a market for this lable before i invest any more money in the brand? waiting for your kind replies?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Just going to get more traffic/replies here. Yeah, I like their aesthetic, and actually liked their silhouette more than Engineered Garments's, although I think that Engineered Garments are more reasonably priced and make better use of interesting heritage materials. If the stuff was on significant discount, I might bite. I think that some others might too.

BTW, do you carry Noble? I think that's the name of the line that one of the principles of Greige started after Greige, right?

And please do put up some Spruce. BTW, are you getting the F/W line formerly known as Spruce? Thanks.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I already posted this on Superfuture, but yea. Definitely. I really missed out on the Griege stuff when it was around, and I'd love to see what you've got left over.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Just going to get more traffic/replies here. Yeah, I like their aesthetic, and actually liked their silhouette more than Engineered Garments's, although I think that Engineered Garments are more reasonably priced and make better use of interesting heritage materials. If the stuff was on significant discount, I might bite. I think that some others might too.

BTW, do you carry Noble? I think that's the name of the line that one of the principles of Greige started after Greige, right?

And please do put up some Spruce. BTW, are you getting the F/W line formerly known as Spruce? Thanks.

The new Spruce line is gonna be called "WH" I think.. or maybe "W&H"

5. LA Guy

The new Spruce line is gonna be called "WH" I think.. or maybe "W&H"

Close. Something like that. Kane should post about this, if anyone, since the line hasn't dropped yet, AFAIK. You there dude? Anyway, it will be confusing, although CYC has a rationale for the names (even if imo, the reasoning is not particularly well-considered.)

6. PeasantLLC

PeasantLLC Senior member

the new spruce line is called w+h and there are some awesome pieces. i am going to put our spring / summer spruce items up (polos, bias cut shirts, thermals) in the next week.

lastly, i am not going to be carrying the new greige mfg line called noble. i did see the collection, though.

7. LA Guy

the new spruce line is called w+h and there are some awesome pieces. i am going to put our spring / summer spruce items up (polos, bias cut shirts, thermals) in the next week.

There you go. You have W+H and W&H. Confusing, no? Still stuff should be top notch. Do you have any old stock Wings & Horns, btw, specifically from S/S 2005? If you do, could you PM me? I could be interested in specific items. Thanks.

8. PeasantLLC

PeasantLLC Senior member

sorry--no previous wings and horn--sorry. we do really well with cyc's items.

9. PeasantLLC

PeasantLLC Senior member

i am leaving for the night--thank you everyone.