• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Green tea!

likeitaloud

Reaction score
For the past two weeks I started drinking 2L of green tea every day. No need for pop, kvas, tobacco anymore...So much energy and I can feel my body revitalizing even my skin became smoother and cleaner. Recommend it to anyone who needs something to sip on all day long!

changed

Reaction score
2 liters?!?!

have you slept in these past 2 weeks?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are you buying it pre-made or using the actual tea pouches and making it your self? the reason I ask is that there was a recetn article in mens health where they took twenty or so different 'green tea' drinks (from various health food companies and reputable drink manufacters) and had them tested for the quality and amount of green tea. All of them except a few came back as having pretty much useless levels of the useful green tea properties... so your def. better of brewing the tea yourself..

Happydayz

Reaction score
two liters a day? You are definitely overdoing it. Any noticeable change is going to be caused either by the marked increase in caffeine consumption or is all in your head

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It also has a lot of Flouride. But, then, it also seems to stain my teeth.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
I brew it from the leafs when I'm not lazy but sometimes I use the "premade." I don't think I'm overdoing it, yes you can get the health benefits drinking a lot less but it's not what it's all about.

It is good to drink lots of water and this is essentially, clean boiled water with a mild taste of tea (2 tea bags for 2L.) It doesn't get old, it has nothing bad in it, but it is packed with antioxidants and minerals that have many health benefits. It speeds up metabolism and I am probably cutting down 300-500 calories a day by drinking it instead of a shake here and a coke there. I find there is something pure and energizing about green tea and when you make a habit of drinking it, it benefits your mental and physical state.

lizmasc

Reaction score
You can also try in pills. I've ordered some from Now Foods and they're much better than you preparing it manually. To really get in the health benefits you'd have to consume several gallons/liters a day and that's not practical to some people
bigstar[1].gif
smiley2.gif

allan1

Reaction score
I've heard somewhere drinking green tea is good for digesting but not for all that mentioned,,.
I may try, but 2L is little too much? Or that's the requirement, isn't it?

newtrane

Reaction score
I do not think that 2 litres is that much.

I have been drinking 3-4 pots of sencha per day (maybe 3 litres) for a year or so and feel great.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by newtrane
I do not think that 2 litres is that much.

+1. Green tea doesn't contain that much caffeine (compared to, say, coffee) to begin with.

oxide

Reaction score
u might want to try white tea instead of green tea. White tea has more antioxidants because its leaves are picked just before it blossoms unlike green tea. This also means it has less caffeine.

Ive been drinking tea for health reasons for the past 2-3 years and the Chinese white silvertip tea is by far the best one ive tried (esp the one by Jacksons of Piccadilly).

As far as green tea goes, if ur going to drink it u might as well do it properly. I used green leaf tea and took extra care in preparing it. I boiled the amount of water i wanted to drink (usually 500ml) then poured it into a hob and waited 2-3 minutes before I put the leaves in and wait for no more than 1.5 minutes before I take the leaves out. Brewing the leaves in right after the water has boiled cooks the leaves and this contributes for a bitter taste.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use green tea but mainly becuase I like it as a substitute to water and it has great benefits for staying trim and cutting fat.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
I use green tea but mainly becuase I like it as a substitute to water and it has great benefits for staying trim and cutting fat.

Thats my #1 reason.

You can also try in pills. I've ordered some from Now Foods and they're much better than you preparing it manually. To really get in the health benefits you'd have to consume several gallons/liters a day and that's not practical to some people
Not a fan of anything in pills..there are exceptions but if I can get in naturally I will.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The marketing hype of green tea in America always makes me laugh. Of course, there are slight health benefits, as there is a slight health benefit to practically everything we eat or drink!

My grandmother drinks the stuff all day long for almost a century. According to American marketing hype, she should be as thin as a skeleton, have skin like a baby, and jumping my grandfather every other night! Maybe I should tell her to drink more than 2 liters so she gets the full benefit
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads