• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Green Tea

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone knows anything about the effects of green tea on metabolism?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is supposed to speed it up. I have been taking it for the last 8 months, I don't know if it has, on its own, helped my metabolism, but I think my metabolism has improved on my supplement regimen, which includes more than jsut green tea. I would take green tea anyways, it has some good stuff in it as well as some anti-oxidants that are supposed to help with hairloss and plaque buildup in your arteries.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
funny you bring this up, because i had some last night for the first time and it felt like i was on cocaine for about 6 hours. (i very rarely drink coffee and am therefore very sensitive to caffeine.)

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should point out that I take the green tea extract, with upwards of 75% catechins. No comment on the cocaine, as I have never tried it
plain.gif

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
funny you bring this up, because i had some last night for the first time and it felt like i was on cocaine for about 6 hours. (i very rarely drink coffee and am therefore very sensitive to caffeine.)

You must be super sensitive because green tea has the second least caffeine, with white being nearly zero.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Yeah, with tea it's exactly the opposite of coffee. The more it's messed with, the more caffeine it retains. So black tea has the most caffeine, and white tea next to none.

vanity

Reaction score
I find green tea to be pretty annoying. It's borderline snake-oil with the claims they make for it now. There's even commercials talking how it can alleviate arthritis.

You know what else has antioxidants, supresses appetite, speeds metabolism, and even cures headaches? Coffee. People drink a cup of green tea thinking they're all healthy for the day. Don't buy into the hype.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think chocolate has antioxidants, supresses appetite, and cures headaches (at least in women) too.

I guess if a green tea product costs the same as a regular one and doesn't taste bad it won't hurt.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
I find green tea to be pretty annoying. It's borderline snake-oil with the claims they make for it now. There's even commercials talking how it can alleviate arthritis.

You know what else has antioxidants, supresses appetite, speeds metabolism, and even cures headaches? Coffee. People drink a cup of green tea thinking they're all healthy for the day. Don't buy into the hype.

A lot of things seem to annoy you.

I drink coffee as well as tea, but I recently tried green tea and enjoy it thoughout the day. It's easier to make at work as well. Appparently their are some health benefits associated with it, so I am curious what they are.

Maybe you should take some herbal valium.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
I think chocolate has antioxidants, supresses appetite, and cures headaches (at least in women) too.

I guess if a green tea product costs the same as a regular one and doesn't taste bad it won't hurt.

Fair enough, but the attraction to green tea has to do with the fact that I already enjoy it and it is essentially calorie free. I used to drink a diet coke quite often, but I am trying to ween myself off of diet soda for a variety of reasons.

In my case I would not buy any kind of "supplements" so that really is not a concern.

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
Interesting.

I don't see why vanity finds green tea annoying. I drink it not because of the health benefits, but because it tastes good. Certainly better than four sodas a day like I used to have.

It's poppign up constantly when talking about healthy living and such. The reason it's annoying is b/c it's being touted as this new, wonder product. These benefits from a beverage are far from new. Anyone who's been drinking coffee has had all these for years.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just take green tea extract pills, it's like drinking 10 strong cups of tea. Much easier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads