• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Green suit

zanderman

Reaction score
I like bolder colors in suits. I would love to see something RTW that's actually green, not olive, but not necessarily leprechaun either. Anyone know of a maker? Bold reds or blues are also good, and if not a suit, I am interested in SCs too. Please take for granted that I understand more muted colors are more kosher.

Thanks!

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grass Green type color sounds absolutely awful. I reckon there is always a reason for rarity / scarcity.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a poster here called Manton. He used to work at the White House or something and has a book on the subject. You should ask him what he thinks about green suits.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A costumier might - sort of thing a clown wears. You are very unlikely to find this in any reputable menswear shop.

A dreaful thought in any event.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend something along the lines of olive green, if you must, or even sage.

A nice tweed suit in olive green may not be that bad.

TRA8324

Reaction score
you're probably better off going bespoke.

Edge89

Reaction score
I'm a tailoring/sewing student, and I made myself a green suit. It's pretty dark and often gets mistaken for gray at night, which is when I'm usually wearing it. I think a couple shades lighter would have been better, but it's a fine line between too dark to be noticeably green and too bright to be taken seriously.

There are some images on random blogs of green suits that look good, but I can't find any of them. I don't think I've ever seen a RTW suit in green.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes "being different" is not such a good thing.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
green is for... erm, Leprechaun?
tiereppstripegreenandna.jpg
in all seriousness, the only thing I can imagine is some sort of green/brown patterned dark earthy toned suit. I saw a RLBL sportscoat on the B&S a few months ago that could have worked as a suit.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Sometimes "being different" is not such a good thing.

Kermit reckoned it was "not easy being green"!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads