• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Green suit

zanderman

Reaction score
I like bolder colors in suits. I would love to see something RTW that's actually green, not olive, but not necessarily leprechaun either. Anyone know of a maker? Bold reds or blues are also good, and if not a suit, I am interested in SCs too. Please take for granted that I understand more muted colors are more kosher.

Thanks!

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grass Green type color sounds absolutely awful. I reckon there is always a reason for rarity / scarcity.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a poster here called Manton. He used to work at the White House or something and has a book on the subject. You should ask him what he thinks about green suits.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A costumier might - sort of thing a clown wears. You are very unlikely to find this in any reputable menswear shop.

A dreaful thought in any event.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend something along the lines of olive green, if you must, or even sage.

A nice tweed suit in olive green may not be that bad.

TRA8324

Reaction score
you're probably better off going bespoke.

Edge89

Reaction score
I'm a tailoring/sewing student, and I made myself a green suit. It's pretty dark and often gets mistaken for gray at night, which is when I'm usually wearing it. I think a couple shades lighter would have been better, but it's a fine line between too dark to be noticeably green and too bright to be taken seriously.

There are some images on random blogs of green suits that look good, but I can't find any of them. I don't think I've ever seen a RTW suit in green.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes "being different" is not such a good thing.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
green is for... erm, Leprechaun?
in all seriousness, the only thing I can imagine is some sort of green/brown patterned dark earthy toned suit. I saw a RLBL sportscoat on the B&S a few months ago that could have worked as a suit.

meister

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Sometimes "being different" is not such a good thing.

Kermit reckoned it was "not easy being green"!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.