• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Green leather shoes

kylelovesyou

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
263
Reaction score
4
I'm enamored of green leather. I prefer a really deep, rich tone, but I like some more apple-colored shoes, as in these Barker Blacks.

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store...4&ci_sku=N0MAQ


Now for something more spectacular. I can't link directly in this site, but Go to Collections > Oedipe > To See the Models and look at "Model 1" and "Model 11."

http://www.corthay.fr/corthay_en.html


Anyone have some green leather? Links to some other interesting pairs?
 

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
7,343
Reaction score
12
How would you wear the Barker Black shoes?
 

kylelovesyou

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
263
Reaction score
4
I can imagine a lot of ways to wear those. I think they'd look pretty great with dark selvedge denim, but I can also see them with, say, charcoal grey trousers.
 

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,562
Reaction score
6,347
Originally Posted by kylelovesyou
Now for something more spectacular. I can't link directly in this site, but Go to Collections > Oedipe > To See the Models and look at "Model 1"...

This is the shade of green leather I would like in a pair of shoes. I haven't got round to actually buying a pair in this colour, but they're really beautiful in that shade. Reminds me of one of those old highbacked leather armchairs you sometimes see.
 

Butter

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
1,175
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by kylelovesyou
I'm enamored of green leather. I prefer a really deep, rich tone, but I like some more apple-colored shoes, as in these Barker Blacks. http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store...4&ci_sku=N0MAQ Now for something more spectacular. I can't link directly in this site, but Go to Collections > Oedipe > To See the Models and look at "Model 1" and "Model 11." http://www.corthay.fr/corthay_en.html Anyone have some green leather? Links to some other interesting pairs?
There's a pair being sold on B&S as we speak. Might be your size. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=197356
 

kylelovesyou

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
263
Reaction score
4
Damn, I wear a 10. Not sure I want to take a chance on them being too small given that I can't really return them.
 

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Messages
7,134
Reaction score
1,211
Originally Posted by kylelovesyou
Damn, I wear a 10. Not sure I want to take a chance on them being too small given that I can't really return them.

Those are too small for you
 

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
33,525
Reaction score
12,049
A little too out there for me, but if you can pull them off more power to you. They make quite a statement.
 

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
42,705
Reaction score
68,447
Ive been looking for the perfect pair for a year and cant hit the sweet spot between style/price. Although there is a pair in B&S from KenRose who refuses to price drop for me so I can kop however...
 

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
7,527
Reaction score
25
Kylelovesyou = Kwilkpuppet?
 

alexei

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
312
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Holdfast
This is the shade of green leather I would like in a pair of shoes. I haven't got round to actually buying a pair in this colour, but they're really beautiful in that shade. Reminds me of one of those old highbacked leather armchairs you sometimes see.

I concur. These are really great and would have greater use. I do like the idea, as OP said, of wearing the BBs with dark denim too. Go for it! I want a pair too.
 

poissa

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
564
Reaction score
4
they seem like they would only work with pants that have a large break. most of my jeans tend to be on the slimmmer side, not sure if i'm speaking for most of the rest of you...
 

Star

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2008
Messages
595
Reaction score
3
So what is the potential damage on those Corthays #1? I did not see a price.
 

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,562
Reaction score
6,347
I think Corthay RTW are somewhere around the 1000 euro range, roughly.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,710
Messages
9,456,629
Members
198,197
Latest member
Car Servicing & You
Top