• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Greeen does not fit me

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried several times but always hurt me on the back bone of the foot. Seems the shape is not for me
It is the same things for C&J. I have the choice between too wide or to short. Unfortunately, Church's fits me the best. My last one are a master class and they fits very well, do not hurt me really for my first wear (today). Have someone the same problem with Green or C&J?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found that my Greens fit better after a good wearing. They break in fairly quickly and dramatically. But, of course, if you are experiencing pain this might not be something that will go away with wear. Incidentally, I had a pair of shoes that were at one point comfortable but then started giving me the exact pain you are describing. It is really painful.

Why are you so disappointed with your Church's though? I think they make a great shoe, especially the Custom Grade. And very comfortable.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found that my Greens fit better after a good wearing.  They break in fairly quickly and dramatically.  But, of course, if you are experiencing pain this might not be something that will go away with wear.  Incidentally, I had a pair of shoes that were at one point comfortable but then started giving me the exact pain you are describing.  It is really painful.

Why are you so disappointed with your Church's though?  I think they make a great shoe, especially the Custom Grade.  And very comfortable.
Church's soles are not very hard wearing.

Master class is correct but overpriced at more than 500 euros. For this price you get a C&J or even some Green (may be need a small discount during sales).

Church's are confortable that's true.

Were your shoes Green?

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What lasts did you try?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What lasts did you try?
I tried some oxford 2 years ago in OLD ENGLAND's and last January in London

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried some oxford 2 years ago in OLD ENGLAND's and last January in London
Ernest - un "last" c'est la "forme a chaussure" et non pas la 'derniere fois'. Toutes les chaussures Green sont disponible en plusieurs formes:
82 etc.

lionel

Reaction score
(ernest @ 19 Sep. 2004, 5:06) I tried some oxford 2 years ago in OLD ENGLAND's and last January in London
Ernest - un "last" c'est la "forme a chaussure" et non pas la 'derniere fois'. Toutes les chaussures Green son disponible en plusieurs formes: 202 606 808 888 89 82 etc.
actually the last is la forme à monter

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification - my 1960 Larousse only gets me so far...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.