• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greatest Sports Quotes

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Murray Walker (MotoSport)-

"There are four different cars filling the first four places"
"There's nothing wrong with the car, except that it's on fire"
"I make no apologies for their absence. I'm sorry they're not here"

Dennis Cometti (Aussie Rules)

"He went into the pack optimistically and came out misty, optically"
"Shaun goes back to collect the ball, a free kick and several teeth"
"He looks like a guy you'd hire as your bodyguard if you were a bodyguard"
"How about Matt Campbell? He was so good in a confined space. That's a Ralph Fiennes quality".

Murray Mexted (Rugby)

"I don't like this new law, because your first instinct when you see a man on the ground is to go down on him"
"Everybody knows that I've been pumping Martin Leslie for a couple of seasons now"

"I have a policy of not reading anything that is written about me" - Ian Thorpe on his biography

Golf

"This is for you, Jesus" - Aaron Baddeley on his maiden PGA tour victory
"I owe alot to my parents, especially my mother and father" - Greg Norman

Tennis

"Sex doesn't interfere with your tennis; it's staying out all night trying to find it that affects your tennis"- Andre Agassi

"Eighty per cent of the Top 100 women are fat pigs who don't deserve equal pay"- Richard Krajicek He later changed his stance "What I meant to say was that only 75 per cent are fat pigs"

Cricket

"Why are you so fat?" "Because every time I f-k your wife she gives me a biscuit" - exchange between Glenn McGrath and Eddo Brandes

"Mate, if you turn the bat over,you'll find the instructions on the back" - Merv Hughes to England's Robin Smith

Football

"He can't kick with his left foot. He can't head a ball. He can't tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right" - George Best on David Beckham

"Well, I can play in the centre, on the right and occasionally on the left"- David Beckham when asked if he thought he was a volatile player

hold one we've forgotten about the big mouths in Boxing...

"I can't believe that having said what I said was interpreted as having been what I said when I said it, because I said it where I said it, when I said it, and who I said it to" - Don King

"Joe Frazier is so ugly that when he cries, the tears turn around and go down the back of his head" - Muhammed Ali

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you, man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah" - Mike Tyson

and my favourite...

"It was an old school boxing lesson that I gave him"- Bernard Hopkins on losing to Joe Calzaghe in their super middleweight world title bout

Brian SD

Reaction score
Thread revival for some choice Ian Holloway quotes:

On Cristiano Ronaldo: “The kid makes you sick. He looks the part, he walks the part, he is the part. He's six-foot something, fit as a flea, good-looking - he's got to have something wrong with him....Hopefully he's hung like a hamster! That would make us all feel better!”

“There was a spell in the second half when I took my heart off my sleeve and put it in my mouth”

“To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled.

Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi.

She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee.”

dganderson

Reaction score
Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.
Yogi Berra

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
some good stuff...

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It ain't over till it,s over!

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"If you're not fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." - Vince Lombardi

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember Bill Walton would always say **** on the level of

"They're going to have to play defense if they don't want to get scored on"

"To win this game they're going to have to score more points"

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Adolf Hitler weighs in on the offense vs. D debate:

"˜Strength lies not in defence but in attack.'

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not directly related to sports, but funny none the less

I'd never buy my girl a watch... she's already got a clock over the stove.- Charles Barkley

doylesmith

Reaction score
You have really greatest sport quotes contribute here and the all are so unique and inspire for me..I have glad for search a great post here..

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
I remember Bill Walton would always say **** on the level of

"They're going to have to play defense if they don't want to get scored on"

"To win this game they're going to have to score more points"

hahahah. exactly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads