• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greatest one-line lyrics in history

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
How about one word?

"Tequila"

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

captmomo

Reaction score
I'd hold my child's head underwater, if it's a boy, I was joking.

AGPi

Reaction score
First line of that Pavement song: "There is no castration fear."

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one just made me laugh

But I refused the offer, 'cuz God sent me to strike
With skills unused like fallopian tubes on a dyke

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Immortal Tech is fucked up. I actually left a message on his pager after I got his CD.

The lyrics from Sir Psycho Sexy are actually kind of funny I think. I remember in year 8 of my Catholic high school in Australia, we were told to bring in a song for a poetic line or some such ****. I brought that in thinking it would be funny. No one in the class listened except the teacher. Didn't work out too well.

Standin' on the corneeeeeeeeer in Hong Koooonnnnnnnnnnnnng...
[untranscribable fantasy chinese:] mnja njung
My Baby was dooooooooooown in Hong Koooonnnnnnnnnnnnng
Hong Koooonnnnnnnnnng...ijajio magiau
Hong Koooonnnnnnnnnng...bimiau miagmiau
It's bad to be alooooooooooonnnne...baumiaamibau-miaaa
In Hong Koooonnnnnnnnnnnnng!

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Send lawyers, guns and money, the **** has hit the fan.

Show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright

theguy

Reaction score
i got money out the ass like a stripper - redman

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i kind of like "shake it like a polaroid picture" (outkast) "i'm not a killer, but don't push me. revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin' *****." (tupac) "i'm so happy, 'cause today i found my friends - they're in my head" (cobain) but Biggie has the best quotable one-line lyrics: "i was a terror since the public school era...bathroom passes, cutting classes, squeezin asses" "i went from a common thief to up close and personal with Robin Leach" "I got techniques drippin' out my buttcheeks, sleep on my stomach so I don't **** up my sheets" "i'm penetratin', unless it smells like sanitation"
laugh.gif

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Now we can try several positions, and all of them a compromise. Because the only thing I want to see right now is your boyfriends look of surprise"

"You scream, as it enters your blood stream, erupts your brain from the pain these thoughts contain"

"If you happy when you save 2 dollars a week, you steal your neighbours empty bottles and keep all your receipts, and only treat your girl yearly to McDonalds to eat, don't be ashamed, pop your collars man - holler at me!"

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vast Aire (of Cannibal Ox) - one of the best lyricists of all time: "I rest my head on 115 But miracles only happen on 34th, so I guess life is mean And death is the median And purgatory is the mode that we settle in" "I still remember the days of Coleco a daily struggle but I hold onto the vision hip hop at it's best when it lacked television and everybody wasn't an emcee you know where the flows be and if you check the rhyme slowly you'll find out cats is unseen like Jarobi" "You ain't a convict, you got caught jaywalking And you don't know the alphabet, but you still talking Well I got a blade too And I know it's sharp enough to cut you They call me starvin' Harlem, scissor tongue, I lick tissue" "Heads or tails The last cat who tried to see me, he now gotta touch braille"

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dear Mr. Toilet, Im the ****. Got these other haters mad cause my toilet paper thick - wayne

Not a lyric, but

"Gentlemen I do believe my 44s beat your fullhouse" - omar

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"watch out for the gypsy children in electric dresses, they're insane
I hear they live in crematoriums and smoke your remains"

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
This thread is not for you to post an entire song's lyrics that you googled and copy-pasted from ezlyrics.com, fuckface. Instead post one-liners that getcha every time. I'll start.

ODB: "I don't have no trouble with you fuckin me, but I have a little problem with you not ******* me."

Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Vast Aire (of Cannibal Ox) - one of the best lyricists of all time:

"I rest my head on 115
But miracles only happen on 34th, so I guess life is mean
And death is the median
And purgatory is the mode that we settle in"

"I still remember the days of Coleco
a daily struggle but I hold onto the vision
hip hop at it's best when it lacked television
and everybody wasn't an emcee
you know where the flows be and if you check the rhyme slowly
you'll find out cats is unseen like Jarobi"

"You ain't a convict, you got caught jaywalking
And you don't know the alphabet, but you still talking
Well I got a blade too
And I know it's sharp enough to cut you
They call me starvin' Harlem, scissor tongue, I lick tissue"

"Heads or tails
The last cat who tried to see me, he now gotta touch braille"

Major lulz.

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I'm wearing tight jeans, and nobody's laughing/More ***** than recycled sanitary napkins"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads