• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great tuxedo deal

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1 Going for around $20 now. Â Looks like a very sharp Brioni tuxedo. Â From what I read in the recent tuxedo thread, this is a classic. Â Notch lapel, one-button closure, and single-breasted. Â I would suspect that it would go for a low price (though there are 3 days left) since the seller listed it in 'other items' rather than in suits.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Notch? ARGH. I'd bid just for the pants if they were a longer inseam. The jacket doesn't look like it's really in too good of shape either.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've done a few transactions with ParisVegas. They are a gamble. Some of their stuff is great and some is thrashed, and you never know which you are going to get. Also the items always arrived incredibly wrinkled - like they have been wadded up in a trash bag for years. That's the downside, the upside is that they start everything at $.99 and sometimes you can get the item really cheap. Basically an online thrift store whose merchandise you cannot inspect before purchasing it. They have a money back guarantee though.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've done a few transactions with ParisVegas. They are a gamble. Some of their stuff is great and some is thrashed, and you never know which you are going to get. Also the items always arrived incredibly wrinkled - like they have been wadded up in a trash bag for years. That's the downside, the upside is that they start everything at $.99 and sometimes you can get the item really cheap. Basically an online thrift store whose merchandise you cannot inspect before purchasing it. They have a money back guarantee though.
Mr Harris,

I've been following this seller's auctions for about two weeks. It seems as if they just started up. Is this the case? I also noticed everthing was wrinkled and the photos are nothing to brag about. Those two factors plus the fact that everything is in the other items category usually results in some good deals. It seems as though they always start auctions Sunday night and list a few hundred things at once. Last round, some Oxxford suits went for $30-60. The eclectic sizes and styles make me think that the person goes through thrift stores and picks out all the good things, rather than a guy selling off his things. Can you verify?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It seems as if they just started up. Is this the case?

No - they have been around for a year or so. They tend to disappear for short periods and then get back to selling.

They do indeed seem to be buying from thrift stores (excellent thrift stores if that is the case.) Their's is a volume business though, so to keep the volume up they sell a lot of items that are worn, damaged etc. Like I said - you can take your chances. I have, and I've won some and lost some.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They also have a Borrelli shirt in their inventory, 16.5 X 33, in a nice shade of blue, if anyone's interested. No close-ups on the collar points or cuffs, unfortunately... I'm going to keep my eyes on these guys.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1 Going for around $20 now. Â Looks like a very sharp Brioni tuxedo. Â From what I read in the recent tuxedo thread, this is a classic. Â Notch lapel, one-button closure, and single-breasted. Â I would suspect that it would go for a low price (though there are 3 days left) since the seller listed it in 'other items' rather than in suits.
Nice tux, but it seems quite old to me. I echo Mr. Harris's sentiments; they are hit and miss, but I have gotten some nice shirts from them over the years.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't tell if the spots/wear marks in the photos were actual wear or just effects caused by the camera/light. It sure looks wrinkled though, along with all of their other items.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't tell if the spots/wear marks in the photos were actual wear or just effects caused by the camera/light.  It sure looks wrinkled though, along with all of their other items.
For 20 bucks, though I would take a flyer on it, if it were my size.

naturlaut

Reaction score
Ah, this makes me remember my first post here in this forum when I wanted to sell off my Turnbull tux (one-button peak lapel ventless). I still have it in my wardrobe, as most of you persuaded me against selling it at that time.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've bought items from EBay seller "Parisvegas" and have NEVER been dissatisfied. I have often thought that he has contracts with high-end dry cleaners all over LA and Las Vegas to buy clothes from them that no one picks up (which could explain why they are all wrinkled). And, he then sells 'em on Ebay. Hey, when you can buy $300 Lorenzini or Barbera or Borelli shirt that seems like it's only been worn a few times . . . for $25, you cannot go wrong. I'd guess that whoever bought the Brioni tuxedo got an amazingly good deal.

BjornH

Reaction score
Yes, if he's fat and has very short feet . I was tempted but took a second look at the measurements and let it pass.

I'll add this seller to my favorites for future reference.

B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads