• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great source for nice Grensons (shoes + chelsea boots)

fredrik80

Reaction score
Just wanted to give you all a great source for Grenson shoes , i just bought a pair of darkbrown Grenson chelsea boots from this guy, they were AWESOME, worth every penny

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZ2511jacksonshoes

He's a great guy and very helpful. He also carries some of the Stuart's Choice Grenson's aswell as Masterpiece shoes. The boots i bought (the ones he calls darkbrown) are from the Grenson Boot collection and the style if Trafford i think (or Burnley , cant really tell). It's a very sleek modern chelsea boot with goodyear welted soles, nailed heel, oak-tanned soles and a good calfskin-leather.

Hope you find something you like!

juniper

Reaction score
I was contemplating the Size 10 before someone else swiped them. 95UKP is a stonking BIN.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has Grenson changed their sizing? Is "f" now there regular width and "g" their wide width? Why isn't "E" their regular width like everyone else? I ask because everything on Pediwear is "F"

raley

Reaction score
Why are some D and some F? This sort of goes along with zjpj's question - is F standard width?

fredrik80

Reaction score
Barker, Charles Tyrwhitt, Cheaney , Grenson and Church's use 'F' for Normal Width Fitting and 'G' for Wide.
C&J & JL use E as normal width

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Any idea whether Grenson's sizing generally is closer to C&J or EG (in which many of us typically go down a 1/2 size from U.S. sizes) or, say, Lobb, where many of us tend to go down a full size?

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Any idea whether Grenson's sizing generally is closer to C&J or EG (in which many of us typically go down a 1/2 size from U.S. sizes) or, say, Lobb, where many of us tend to go down a full size?
I go down a full size, from US 12D to Grenson's 11F, and my two pairs of Grenson Stowes are a smidge wide (i.e. wider than EG likes to fit their shoes). The fit is good or I wouldn't have bought a second pair.

fredrik80

Reaction score
I usually wear a 42,5 or 43 european, on the grensons i bought i went with an 8.5 UK and they fit perfect. By comparison i have to go down to an 8 UK in Paul Smith to get a good fit.

But the shoes i got were chelseas so fit might be a bit different when it comes to laced shoes

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raley
Why are some D and some F? This sort of goes along with zjpj's question - is F standard width?

D -> probably marked in US sizing, for Paul Stuart.

F -> English market sizing. F appears to be a normal width in the UK for most brands.

I would drop a full size down.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can also validate that for Grenson G is wide (VERY wide IMHO) at least for their boots.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I can also validate that for Grenson G is wide (VERY wide IMHO) at least for their boots.

not surprised. grenson runs big. i've got 3 shoes made by grenson:

1 paul stuart 10.5D (i'm not 100% on it being made by grenson, but that seems to be the consensus)
1 grenson footmaster jodphur- 10E
1 grenson masterpiece rugby oxford - 9.5F

I normally wear AE 10.5D (hillcrest, dellwood, cornell, wyngate - shoes in the 1, 4, 7 and old 8 lasts - I don't wear the park avenue or 5 last).

I find the paul stuart to fit fine, the 10E jodphur to be way too big in length and width (i wear it with BOTH thick cotton socks AND a dr. scholl's insole), and the 9.5F oxford to be just right lengthwise and widthwise to be right on the line between just right and a tad wide (I still might get rid of it - if it stretches just the minimal increment, it might be too loose).

my conclusion is that the US marked shoes should fit more or less like US sizing, while the UK E is like a US D width and the UK F is US D+ or E width.

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of semi-brogues that were marked as Stuart's Choice from this seller. Great shoes for the price and they arrived within a week.

They are marked as 9.5D inside and I am fairly certain this is a US size (and it runs true to size).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads