• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great sale on Cole Haan (do you own Cole Haan Liverpool Welt shoe?)

mg428

Reaction score
Cole Haan has 20% off for any item on its website including the sale items. In SF I read some posts that praise men's Cole Haan shoes ONLY FROM its Collection line. I was wondering whether someone owns the "Cole Haan Liverpool Welt Wing Collection" shoe. Its original price was 450 dollars and as far as I see it is Cole Haan's most expensive shoe. It is on sale for 269.95 and there will be an additional 20% saving. Let me know how it is. Does it have an elegant last? Is it comfartable? How is the quality of the leather? What is the condition of the shoe after wearing it considerable amount of times? The link is below: http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...ctGroup=153247 Thanks, mg428

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's odd that the manufacturer would use a shoe that appears to have been creased from being on someone's foot for their website photo.

Even at the price quoted, which would work out to about $215 (right?) I'd feel more comfortable looking online for an Alden or Allen Edmonds product. I just feel safer with their track record. These shoes might be great, but there are countless posts in the archives that will attest to both of the others already having built the reputation. One can get AE's from the outlet or many other places online for the same $ and already be pretty sure of what they're getting

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Those look alright, the only thing that bothers me at least from the angle of the picture is the toe area looks off. Not sure about the quality of their shoes- even if its "benchmade in England" as they claim.

sherwin

Reaction score
There is a Cole Haan outlet at a mall here. One day they had 75% off boots. I got a pair of brown seude boots for $35, retail $225
smile.gif
Sorry... thought I'd share.

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The collection is not bad, but for something between 200 and 300 there are just too many other options that I would consider (look at Pediwear.co.uk or Jacksonshoes on ebay).

bpworks

Reaction score
If they are made in England or Italy it would be a very good purchase. It it was made anywhere else then it is not worth the $$$.

There is a lot of fine out wear for around the same $$$'s. Check Alden shoes (Incrediable footwear made in USA), Crockett & Jones.

Also checkout these sites:

Ben Silver​
Paul Stuart NY

Good luck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads