• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great-looking monkstrap from Moreschi

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
those are beautiful.

chocoball

Reaction score
Wow, that is a seriously good looking shoe.. 800 bucks is a lot of money, but what makes me feel especially bad is that Ron Rider's store is on the opposite side of the world from me. So it's not like I can pop by and see how they fit before buying.
sad.gif

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Quite a nice looking shoe. I particularly like that the stitching does NOT contrast with the shoe as is the case with many simarly designed models.

RIDER, I seem to recall you were not happy with one of Moreschi's Tirolese constructed shoe at one point. Have they resolved their issues?

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RIDER, I seem to recall you were not happy with one of Moreschi's Tirolese constructed shoe at one point. Have they resolved their issues?

Well, from a purists standpoint - no. From my viewpoint, it would be much better if the chain stitch were hooked into the midsole like Borgioli. In Moreschi's 'Tirolese' construction, the stitch is merely decorative with the uppers are tied into the midsole by a lockstitch under the chain stitch. Frankly, Borgioli's Norwegian's are much better made, at a lower retail - particularly at the sale promotions now at the shop. How's that for honesty.

Anyway, when I did a Moreschi trunk show after Thanksgiving, these shoes were by far the most popular. I seem to have done something wrong that the other models are not showing up, but I thought I should show them on the site, as the customers like them. The finish is outstanding, the lasts nice. My only problem is that I feel some customers might think they are made as well as the Borgioli shoes I carry, when they are not. But that does not mean they are bad shoes - just that the Borgioli are a great buy.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've seen Moreschi's Tirolese shoes a couple of times in person, and they really look better in pictures than in person. In person, the chain-stitching looks contrived and fake, not really at all like a good Norwegian. I agree with RIDER about the Borgioli Norwegian's superiority.

But hey, if people want to pay Ron $800 when they can get a better shoe for less money at the same place, more power to him.

joseanes

Reaction score
I like monkstraps. But I preffer the buckle area to be the main "interesting"/"different" part of the shoe. Holes on the toe area distract me from the buckle area. I don't like that.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bling bling. Too much detail for me.
agreed. I like shoes that have one decoration - either buckle or medalion, not both.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too chunky for me. I don't mind strap + medallion; I don't like shoes that look like they way 10 pounds each. Too much sole, too much stitching, too much chunk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads