• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Great french bespoke and rtw shoemaker

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn´t know this brand/ man but his art is awesome, I love that last as I have never been fan of Vass or similar rounded ones, this ones fits my Santoni taste 2000% http://www.corthay.fr/ Prices??

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
I didn´t know this brand/ man but his art is awesome, I love that last as I have never been fan of Vass or similar rounded ones, this ones fits my Santoni taste 2000%

http://www.corthay.fr/

Prices??

You have + 1000 posts and have been here for a year. You have never heard of Corthay?

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
You have + 1000 posts and have been here for a year. You have never heard of Corthay?

No, honest! And I love clothes. Has been a great discover. How much the rtw line? better than GG I assume right?

Bentley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou

I hadn't heard of them either. Your response to the OP is also rather obnoxious and unnecessary. You have now been placed on ignore.

Vecna

Reaction score
I heard about corthay around my 10th post, and I'm a total noob. Just saying. They even throw it around in SW+D occasionally. Correct me if I'm wrong, but RTW prices are in Edward Green territory to the best of my knowledge. also, this

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
I didn´t know this brand/ man but his art is awesome, I love that last as I have never been fan of Vass or similar rounded ones, this ones fits my Santoni taste 2000%

http://www.corthay.fr/

Prices??

Unless something has changed since this spring, Corthay MTO is $1450 through Leffot, which is their only US stockist. (I don't know what they sell for at Corthay's boutiques in Paris.) Leffot has a very limited selection of Corthay RTW available at any given time. I don't recall the exact pricing for those, but I believe it was in the $1200 to $1300 range. Shoes models using exotic skins, e.g., the Sade, are priced higher at both MTO and RTW, obviously. I've seen someone claim that changing a medallion design on an MTO shoe will add $100 to $150 and bespoke reportedly runs upwards of $3000, but I've never asked Steve Taffel at Leffot whether that was accurate.

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bentley
I hadn't heard of them either. Your response to the OP is also rather obnoxious and unnecessary. You have now been placed on ignore.
Hey, he was just expressing surprise that the OP didn't know a shoemaker as highly regard and discussed as Corthay. This is Spalla though, so it is somewhat understandable. And to answer OP's question, Corthay RTW usually retails for between 1000 and 1300 euros post price increase (IIRC).

Wrigglez

Reaction score
A. Delos.
his pics are

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you, douchebag.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

please put me on ignore as well. I plan to discuss Corthay heavily

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Corthay has been around for years...

The Arca is an iconic model amongst the shoe loving crowds..

Most of the clothes loving people ,especially in the States,might not be aware of their models because they tend to be more famous in France and Japan..

We had recently the same conversation about JM WESTON ...

Kuro is quite knowledgeable about French shoe makers...

You can also have a look at Dimitri Gomez,Anthony Delos,Aubercy and Massaro...

French bespoke shoemaking is alive and kicking...

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
You can also have a look at Dimitri Gomez,Anthony Delos,Aubercy and Massaro.......French bespoke shoemaking is alive and kicking...

Don't forget John Lobb, Paris and Berluti as French bespoke shoemakers.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Don't forget John Lobb, Paris and Berluti as French bespoke shoemakers.

I'm sure the OP knew these ones...

Stanislas bottier and many smaller brands are also there..

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 43 15.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 87 31.0%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 52 18.5%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 22 7.8%