• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great eBay experience - British Country Clothes

Rolo

Reaction score
Every once and a while you have an experience with an eBay seller that exceeds you expectations -- today was one of those days.

In September I won an auction for a black leather A1 jacket. As of today, I still hadn't received it. I wrote to the seller to find out if it had been shipped. Apparently it had. Now comes the surprising part . . . the seller simply refunded my money without any request on my part.

I would have no qualms about dealing with this seller again (I don't know how he'd feel about selling to me
blush.gif
).

The seller's eBay store is http://stores.ebay.com/BOOKSTER1UK.

The seller specializes in English country clothing. Lots of hacking jackets and other tweedy things. Many of the items are BIN and may not show up in your searches of the regular auction listings. Shipping rates to the states are very reasonable.

For all the problems we all have had with eBay sellers, I thought it would be nice to relate a positive experience.

I'm also encouraging the seller to post interesting and/or high end items to this forum.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you received it? If not is there a way to track it?

The seller seems all right. But it's not beyond the realm of possibility that he sold it to someone else at a higher price!

And then when he heard from you, he immediately refunded your money!

I'm not saying that's what happened, but anything is possible on Ebay
bigstar[1].gif

BTW: Did it seem like a great value when you won the auction? Did it go for less than you thought it would, and were you looking forward to getting the jacket?

Duveen

Reaction score
Bookster1UK is a great seller. I did receive a Chester Barrie suit from him that was very nice, but there was not enough inlay to do the alterations I needed (and yes, I had asked before buying). He very politely handled the whole thing, refunded me the total cost including shipping. Very good guy and definitely not a scammer.

I agree with rnoldh that one must be careful, but in my experience Peter is on the up and up.

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Have you received it? If not is there a way to track it?

The seller seems all right. But it's not beyond the realm of possibility that he sold it to someone else at a higher price!

And then when he heard from you, he immediately refunded your money!

I'm not saying that's what happened, but anything is possible on Ebay
bigstar[1].gif

BTW: Did it seem like a great value when you won the auction? Did it go for less than you thought it would, and were you looking forward to getting the jacket?

I think it was lost in the mail. I've had nothing but problems with USPS lately (including a few items being returned for "unknown address" even though hundreds of pieces of mail are delivered to the address each day).

Also, I bought it BIN, so the seller got exactly the price he was expecting. The seller also has a 100% feedback rating with a lot of repeat customers and >6900 transactions.

I'm still holding out hope that the item shows up at some point in the future because I really liked the jacket.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Lots of SFers have bought from Bookster, I believe, including me. My favorite knockabout jacket came from him:

jacket1.jpg

Nice, I like that very much though I'd never wear it. Nothing against it, just not me - this is someone who has half a dozen pocket squares but has yet to wear one outside of my own flat.
blush.gif

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
You have won him a place on my 'favorite sellers' list though I don't think I'll be making a purchase today. Thanks for the recommendation!

Aristocrat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Lots of SFers have bought from Bookster, I believe, including me. My favorite knockabout jacket came from him:

jacket1.jpg

Is that your own Louis Vuitton tie?
Or is it the sellers picture?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads