• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great alteration tailors in London - Pinnas and Needles

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was looking for alterations tailor open on weekends found H. M. TTailoring.

They altered four jackets for me:
2 from sleeves
1 from shoulders
On a casual jacket shorten sleeve end & re-attach cuff.

They are also available on sundays but appointment only. However; I have not used them since 2008.

Recently I did give Cad & Dandy some alteration work when getting trousers made.
Jacket altered from shoulders and coat from sleeve end.

Thanks! How is C&D? I've seen samples of their work in their savile row shop, but I've heard mixed reviews.

Last edited:

nilshg

Reaction score
+1 for Pinnas and Needles, great work and great service.

For those asking about the pricing point, I had recently had quite a bit of work done on a suit of mine (trousers shortened and taken in, jacket taken in at side and back) and it came to 150 pounds. Slightly more expensive then what you'd get from UK Tailors which were mentioned here before, but sublime craftsmanship for sure.

Also they're not going to talk you into unnecessary and costly alterations - I brought an old suit of mine that I had custom tailored when I was ~30lbs heavier than I am now, and they told me not to bother with alterations but to take the suit straight to the charity shop instead.

mitsein

Reaction score
Any recent experiences, folks? I see most of the reviews are a couple of years old (one recent negative experience here).

hip_priest

Reaction score
Any recent experiences, folks? I see most of the reviews are a couple of years old (one recent negative experience here).

Yes. I have been getting suits and jackets altered by them regularly, including over the last few days. They always do an excellent job. I need to tell them very little about what is needed, because they can tell themselves. They are also extremely personable. Prices as has been noted are not low, but nevertheless I find it value for money. If I have anything to alter that is remotely complex, my wife insists that I go to see them.

mitsein

Reaction score
Yes. I have been getting suits and jackets altered by them regularly, including over the last few days. They always do an excellent job. I need to tell them very little about what is needed, because they can tell themselves. They are also extremely personable. Prices as has been noted are not low, but nevertheless I find it value for money. If I have anything to alter that is remotely complex, my wife insists that I go to see them.

Mind sharing what kind of jackets and alterations you have used? I have not used alterations on RTW before, so I am rather skeptic. I have two (somewhat expensive) summer jackets and I am hoping to get the sleeves shortened from the shoulder (as they have working cuffs). After reading mixed reviews, I am on the fence to just live with the slightly long sleeves or take the plunge...

hip_priest

Reaction score
Mind sharing what kind of jackets and alterations you have used? I have not used alterations on RTW before, so I am rather skeptic. I have two (somewhat expensive) summer jackets and I am hoping to get the sleeves shortened from the shoulder (as they have working cuffs). After reading mixed reviews, I am on the fence to just live with the slightly long sleeves or take the plunge...

Certainly. There have been a number of suits and jackets, but several were made by Rubinacci, so the quality was high, and there was a lot of handwork. The alterations that I’ve had done in jackets includes shortening the length, shortening the sleeves (from the shoulders, much as you’ve described), adjusting the chest and weight to account for my odd body shape, narrowing the shoulders... The suits have ranged from all season suits with a full lining to summer suits with a half or quarter lining. Generally they have made a beautiful but ill fitting garment into a beautiful garment that fits me!

Odradek

Reaction score

I used P&N a few times but while the quality of their work is excellent, I was never happy with their measurements.
Took suits in to have trouser legs shortened and also sleeves, and when I picked them up legs and sleeves were still too long.
And, they didn't accept this, and argued with me about it, basically saying I was wrong wanting to show a bit of shirt cuff and not have trouser legs pooled over my shoes.

Eventually took my tuxedo elsewhere to have it redone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads